TIt for tat,A FAIR GAME?

My half arsed APOLOGY for not updating last week..

   I should probably set up this right..

Griffin _ FIRST Born
Dan_second Born
Alvin (Ake)_third born
Jessica/Sam/Messi _fourth born
And then there is a mum( Karen )and  a dad(Trevor Adams)

Let's continue..

      Griffin's  POV

Two fucking weeks since Sam went missing and  he was going bonkers for sure. Funny enough, that fateful morning, everybody woke up late,like late late. He highly suspected that the food had been drugged that night . He had questioned the Chef but he couldn't also tell . Dan believed that Sam had done so ,so she could have an easier escape. It also explained  the reason she blatantly refused  to eat.As much as he tolerated the theory,he couldn't understand how she passed the scrutiny of the CCTV. The only way to get out of the mansion was through the front gate and according to the CCTV cameras,she was not seen the whole night. That only meant that someone had clearly  tampered with them. Something he didn't want to think about since it only meant that there were snitches in his very compound. Then again, suppose she had received external help where had she gone to? Sam had never tolerated friends,she always said friends were traitors. And if she really had a friend,then he was sure she couldn't disappear just like that,as much as they all betrayed her at one point or another there was no way she could give them up.  There were too many gaps,too many Loopholes  in that theory. The only theory he kinda believed was that one of being kidnapped. It  would only make sense she disappeared without a damn trace since only high tech people could freeze the cameras , people,like her kidnappers. Million dollar question was who would have kidnapped her.  It's not that they did not have enemies,they had too many that he wondered who would have done so.He tried to recall the events of that day, because there  was  definitely something they were missing.

The whole  household had  woken up late. Even he couldn't remember a thing about that night,it was all blurry. No one took that seriously. In fact, everybody went through their daily activities like Usual. Sam didn't make an appearance during breakfast and no one really bothered since they all believed she was behaving like a bitch. I mean,yes they had hidden their mother's abuse from her and so many other things, but damn it , they were all doing her a favour. But instead of seeing that and being grateful since she had food, clothes and a roof on top  of her head,she continued to act like they didn't mean a damn thing. So they took their breakfast and left. She didn't show up during lunch hour. Griffin had began getting worried since the cooks told him she hadn't walked in the kitchen Even after they had left. He had been about to check  on her  but got a  quick call that demanded his appearance and so he had left. He had totally forgotten about it when Sam didn't get supper and he immediately knew something was so wrong. In all his years ,Sam had never been one to do without food,in fact, she ate too much despite her petite body. It had always been a wonder how she didn't get plump, bro,she ate more than her brothers and that meant a lot since her brothers ate like there was no tomorrow.
He went to her room, which was unlocked surprisingly. The bed was unmade , a very Sam like thing to do,and  empty  apparently. He entered her bed, something that had always angered Sam ,and waited since he supposed she was in the bathroom.
Ten minutes, twenty, thirty ...she still had not appeared, he got up  and headed to the bathroom. It was unlocked. He called her name a couple of times but there was no response,so he decided to push the door open.
No one was In . He tried to call her number but was surprised to find the phone in her room. Anyone going somewhere, obviously carried a few items,yet nothing seemed missing in that room nor the closet. This only proved she had been kidnapped,he believed.

Griffin was tired of thinking about the whole thing. He didn't even know what to do. He couldn't even concentrate at work and thus came back home. He grabbed his most expensive bottle and opened it . Walking downstairs,he chugged his bottle. His mother was in the living room, weaving. He went to the swimming pool and laid on one of the parasols. His mother had been weirdly silent since Sam disappeared. She strongly believed it was all her fault,her daughter was missing. She had never been affectionate to Sam,yet to her brothers,she did . She had had a rough childhood. She had grown in a family of four boys. Her parents had disliked her from birth due to her gender . Girls  were always mistreated  and she had been no exception. Her mother had also undergone the same,and it was only fair to do it to her daughter ( Karen) . Karen had never wanted to pass it to Sam. She just found it difficult to love her the way she was never loved. Karen had not even been formally educated by her parents, they said it was a waste of money since she would be sold as a wife to another man. So wifely duties She was taught instead. The only education she had , her husband had paid for it. Atleast,she didn't marry a chauvinistic man who thought females  didn't deserve education.
Griffin continued to sip his beer. He began zoning out when he couldn't stomach anymore,he tended to forget he was a light weight, something his brothers bullied him for, when a piercing scream rent the air . Dan ,who had been swimming,got out and ran to the mansion in his dripping shorts . Griffin, sobered up and also ran in Dan's direction knocking his bottle.

His mother was standing at  one of the couches .
"Ma,what made you scream so loud?For a moment, I thought you were on fire or something."Dan chuckled only to see her pointing at the glass table , shaking terribly, with a tear stricken Face.
That's when they all saw it _it resembled a parcel, but only a fool couldn't see the shape,it looked like a coffin,all black . The brothers gasped .
Cautiously,they approached the small coffin. Dan went to open it but Griffin stopped him. He kicked it with his shoe and onto the floor. It could be a bomb for all they knew . The lid opened since it had not been wrapped and the contents fell off.
Another scream rent the air. This wasn't a bomb ,rather something that scared them more.
Something wrapped in a clear paper.
Someone's pinky finger.
But even before  their mother could pick it up, Griffin could already tell who it belonged to . A certain person who had gone missing _it was Sam's.
The small black dot on the finger was proof to him. And before you start saying a dot isn't enough and that it could be anyone's,the picture that had accompanied it proved it was really Sam's.

They must have taken the picture After cutting her finger ,since her finger was clearly missing. A knot formed in Griffin's throat Sam was in the most skimpy dress he'd ever seen her in,if you could call it so,it barely  hid any of her under garments,but that wasn't what piqued his interest, Sam's eyes seemed lifeless,the damage had been done,she was broken beyond  any Repair. Tears fell on his face at the sight. Dan flipped the picture,and Griffin barely read the words aloud..

Tit for tat, A FAIR GAME?
Definitely. Blood for blood, It is. You know what to do. Don't keep me waiting,by now, you know what am capable of...

There was no signature he could see . His mother was inconsolable. Literally, everybody in the room was in tears, even the hard headed Dan was sniffing.

Am I forgiven?
Anyway don't forget to tap the 🌟 below. Let's give the chapter votes. Comment and share.

Question  of the day,
Where are you reading from?
Personally,am from  Kenya 💥🇰🇪😎