Episode Eight

"Don't you think this might be slightly unnecessary?" Ana asks, watching from the couch as Elijah and the team install an extensive security system for her new apartment.

"we still don't know who's after you" Tim says, as he sets down a cup of hot chocolate for her.

"they already tried to kill me once..." Ana frowns.

"I know, honey" Tim frowns, sitting down next to her.

"we're just gonna make sure no one is going to touch you, okay?" Tim assures.

"m'kay" Ana hums, leaning into him.

"Tim, can you put this up?" Lucy requests, trying to put a security camera up.

Lucy looks back and sees how Ana has buried herself into Tim's side. "never mind"

[Time Skip - Two Weeks]

"Looks like we're gonna be riding together. Everything good?" Nolan asks, walking over to see a recovered Ana sitting in Angela's chair while Angela is getting some files ready.

"Uh, yeah. We have to interview one of these Sovereign Citizen idiots. He allegedly assaulted an IRS agent who had a few questions about why Marvin Reynolds wasn't paying any of his taxes." Angela explains.

"Angela, I thought we were gonna talk more this morning. I woke up, you were gone." Wesley remarks, coming over.

"Yeah, I have a job, remember?" Angela points out.

"Uh... I'll wait for you by the shop." Nolan says, quickly vacating.

"me too" Ana says, softly. "I should go meet up with Nyla"

"you're staying and I'm right behind you" Angela says, the first bit to Ana and the second bit to Nolan.

"Angela." Wesley tries to get her attention.

"I don't have time for this conversation right now." Angela says, coldly.

"How many times can I apologize?" Wesley sighs. 

"I told you, I didn't have a choice. Look, making a deal with Elijah was the only way that I could get Ana and Jackson Jr. home safe." Wesley continues.

"I don't understand. Ana is my daughter and Jackson Jr. is my son, why the hell wouldn't you include me in conversations about their health? And why won't you let me help you?" Angela snaps.

"Look, I didn't mean for you -- I got myself into this." Wesley responds.

"No, you got us into this, and I'm going to get us out. By telling Elijah Stone you don't work for him anymore. And if he's got a problem with that, me and a couple hundred of my closest friends --" Angela starts.

"and what about Ana?" Wesley asks.

"We don't need Elijah Stone to protect her" Angela answers.

"No, you still can't. He has leverage on me. He could take it to the state bar." Wesley admits.

"You swore you didn't break any laws." Angela hisses.

"I haven't. There could be some ethical questions." Wesley explains.

"I can't do this right now. We'll talk tonight." Angela scoffs, before turning to Ana.

"come on, I gotta drop you off with Nyla" Angela extends a hand and Ana takes it, standing up and walking away with Angela.

[Time Skip]

"So, it's been six weeks. Any thoughts on my progress?" Aaron asks as they walk to the shop.