Episode Seventeen

"What did you do?" Ana hisses, turning to Carmen.

"Spanish, baby" Tim reminds her.

Ana's eyes widen, remembering they don't understand English.

"You were poisoned after eating their chili and Tamara was just poisoned after eating their carnitas" Ana points out.

"It's them, the people who betrayed you" Lucy gasps.

"They..." Ana turns to glance at her grandparents before turning around to look at Tim.

"We need evidence" Tim says.

"Do you think there's evidence at our apartment?" Ana asks.

"Cyanide isn't easy to dispose of, we'll find trace amounts for sure" Tim nods.

"But won't we find those anyway?" Lucy inquires.

"We will, but we'll also find fingerprints" Tim replies.

"We can't just go and search the apartment, they're currently staying there" Ana says.

"We'll need a distraction" Lucy realizes.

Tim comes up with an idea but hesitates, glancing at Ana.

"What?" Ana asks.

"The retirement home they're at is two hours away, if you say that you'll drive them back to the retirement home to pay the cash, then we can search the apartment" Tim explains.

"Let's do it" Ana nods.

"Wait, but if they are trying to kill you, should you be left alone with them?" Lucy questions.

"It's been through poisoning so far, so as long as you don't ingest anything they give you, you should be okay" Tim reasons.

"Let's do it" Ana agrees.

[Timeskip]

"abuela, Tamara va a estar bien y con todo lo que está pasando, creo que deberías volver a tu casa de retiro." Ana explains, softly. (grandma, Tamara is going to be okay, and with everything happening, I think you should go back to your retirement home.)

"Me parece una buena idea, cariño, ¿puedes dejarnos en la estación de autobuses?" Carmen requests. (that sounds like a good idea, honey, can you drop us off at the bus station?)

"Tonterías, los llevaré a todos de regreso." Ana frowns. (nonsense, I'll drive you all back.)

"Oh no, estaremos bien con el autobús." Jose shakes his head. (oh no, we'll be fine with the bus.)

"No, alguien está tratando de lastimar a las personas que amo y nunca podría perdonarme si algo les pasara a todos ustedes." Ana insists, softly. (no, someone's trying to hurt the people I love and I could never forgive myself if something happened to you all.)

"Nosotros estamos tomando el autobús, cariño." Mario basically orders. (we're taking the bus, honey.)

"¿por qué?" Ana asks, pulling out her soft, innocent eyes that can get anyone to melt. (why?).

Her grandparents exchange looks between each other before reluctantly nodding.

[Timeskip]

"You'll update me on Tamara?" Ana inquires, looking up at Tim while her grandparents are already in her car.

"Yeah, you have your service pistol?" Tim asks.

"I do, I won't need it" Ana promises.

"You don't know that" Tim sighs.

"I'll be careful" Ana murmurs.

Tim nods, cupping her face in his hands and kissing her.

"Don't push yourself, okay?" Ana requests.