Check-In

Chapter 6

Napa Valley Regency Gold Hotel Resort & Casino....

Candle for out the jeep about to grab her luggage. No, ma'am. Charles pushed her hand down, looking around. You never carry your own luggage, and Maria caries the baby and the bag he whispered. Oh, okay, good thing he likes her, huh? Yes, ma'am. Now I know you're nervous but all you need is here you me and Maria is cut from the same cloth. We have been around these rich folks all our lives, and if you don't know what to do or say, nod and smile.

Candle giggled, you sure, Charleston? Just know if they nod and smile them heifers ain't got a fucking clue. Candle had to control her laughter thank you Charles. Yes ma'am I'll get the bags up right away. He drove around the back of the five-star hotel. Ready? Wait you wear a uniform Maria? I do when we putting on it was Mr. Valliants idea. Oh my God Candle mumbled. I like the colors though and the family initial on your chest. Maria snickered would you stop? She joked. Come on ladies let's get serious please.

Yes Mr. Valliant I am sorry. Don't be sorry Maria all ears and eyes on deck listen for treacherous actions make no mistake this is a cut throat trip. The bosses are seeing who will handle themselves the best under bad situations so consider yourselves my personal team. Maria if we pull this off you and Charles can look forward to a $30,000 bonus on top of you your pay and increase for nannying temporarily.

Permanent Maria mouthed to Candle who shook her head no. Valiant walked to the desk looking as fine as he was he took off his glasses making the desk clerk smile. She stared at him fixing her hair. Hello Mr and Mrs. Harper Valliant checking in.

Yes Mr. Valiant your suite is ready and the suite for your Nanny. The rooms are joined I hope that is not a problem? No ma'am we prefer to keep our baby close. He is so very handsome how old is he? Candle was quiet waiting on Harper's answer after he signed in he stared at Exodus. My little man is six months old last month on the 4th.

Candle was shocked to hell he was 100% correct to the day. Maria smiled at him first text 100% Candle said in her head. The bell hop escorted them to their suite. He opened the double private bedroom doors. There was one bed.

Harper tipped him $20 and the bell hop walked away. Charles had the bags in Maria's room and was setting up the portable Crib. Harper put $1000 worth of $20 bills in the foyer draw. Candle, Maria..that money is for tipping. I'll break the $20 to tens. Give the food people $20 and the day people $10 ladies.

There is one bed Harper. I'll take the sofa. No you won't Maria said. We have no idea which one of these competitors is paying the maids for information. All they need to hear is you all are sleeping apart.

Candle, Harper is not a pervert and Harper, Candle is not a pervert. Charles and I are in the next room if any of you are getting accosted, yell one of us will come in to help. Maria warmed a bottle foe Exodus as Harper plugged in three laptops two tablets and three phones. His phone rang ot was he secretary. Yes, we made it. I am the only one allowed to work from home while you all are gone thank you Harper.

You are welcome Edna I'm sorry but you know you have to be on call anytime day or night so please have your computer up log on and remove your passwords while your home for faster access. I already gave IT the okay to remove them over the holidays.

Yes, Harper. The list of reports please gave the uploaded and attached to an email to all the partners cc the others have them in draft Edna. I did that sir I uploaded all financial reports and projects for the portfolio's you manage. Now I uploaded them separate is that okay?

Yes but to be on the safe side create an email with the projections attached with the current numbers that way we have them three ways in any combination if they ask.