Side Bar

Chapter 13

Harper. Hummm? Baby it's 850. He opened his eyes  stretching. What is this little guy doing in bed with us? Maria came and dropped him he was fussy. Is a nanny supposed to drop off the baby? She is when her day is over and it's been over since three pm unless we need her otherwise. Wow you're a very fair boss.

I'm no one's boss Maria hos helping me raise my son we will work together to do that. At the end of a day he is my son and my responsibility. I will never make him someone else's problem.

Our Candle Harper whispered as he sat up going to take a quick shower. Our what? Son Candle. She grabbed his wrist gently don't do that Harper...please. Do what as she turned on a soft side table nightlight as not to wake Exodus.

Don't pretend when it comes to Exodus he doesn't understand this is a sham and I don't want my son hurting in the end by your words. Harper looked her dead in eyes I don't play when it comes to children. I was toyed with as a child after my parents died I would never ever do that to any child especially Exodus.

Last I do not say things o do not mean when it comes to affairs of the heart. If I say it Candle I mean it. Then why didn't you make it with all those other women Harper? He undressed slow before her different reasons.

Some was because I worked to much. Some I caught cheating or stealing. Some were gold diggers. What about old girl who arranged this little charade? He smiled fuck buddies nothing more she never wanted anything serious. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find a woman who has traditional values with wanting a traditional family. This is a new Era where a man supporting and loving on his woman is dead.

I was young but not thay young when my parents died but I recall the love they shared. Dancing and there was no music playing, finishing each other's sentences, laughing at private jokes, swimming naked at night when they thought I was asleep.

Arguing because they were afraid one person was slipping away from the other when no one was going no where. The loss of a baby where my father stayed home a month with my mother ignoring his clients because of hos love for here.

Harper wiped his eyes. Sorry baby. No worries bae just don't belive what you read in those periodicals and newspapers. I am the man who stands before you give me a chance baby.

I will Harper. He lifted her hand kissing it removing it from his wrist he dissapered into the shower. Candle sunk back into the luxury sheet and down blanket pillow bed. Harper left the shower and dressed fast before her wearing dark gray pants black tee and a burgundy smoking jacket.

Wow don't we look spiffy. A smoking jacket for brandy and cigars. She turned on the light taking pictures. He hopped on the bed taking selfies with her in three he made funny faces making her laugh as the camera flashed catching the happy emotions.

I'll be back as soon as possible. Harper kissed Exodus then Candle on the forehead. Don't wait up. I'm up now after napping with you. Those are thr hours of an executive Candle. Do you hear a complaint? Harper exited the room as Candle checked his email for the copy of the will and estate left to him by his parents.

Maria & Charles....

How are they getting along Maria? Good...real good. Is Harper acting cause that young lady really likes him. I know and she is trying so hard not to attach herself. Charles sipped his late night coffee. I don't know why you're drinking that you know it keeps you up Charles.

It sure does moving her hand under the blanket. She squeezed lightly making him moan. Moving her hand you think Candle will stay Charles? Candle seems to be raised old fashioned with a old fashioned mother. I know that girl is not going to leave new York for a boyfriend. If Harper wants her he better make his intentions know or he can kiss that girl goodbye.

She is no nonsense just lile someone else I know he said staring at her. I been asking for a wife for years and I been told no apparently my ring ain't good enough. I need one of them big rocks like Harper buys.

Now you know that is a whole lie. I didn't marry Melvin with a ring at all God bless his soul. I didn't get a ring period until we were married 10 years. It was small but it was from his heart and it was mine...he was mine. Sorry baby. Shut up you big galout she giggled.

Then why won't you marry me woman? I married Melvin when I was 17 Charles he died when I was 54 baby I'm 58 I've only been single and on my own for the first time in my life for four years that's it. Can I enjoy it a little before marrying again?

I guess at least we could be engaged baby. Maria smiled ill think about it. Really this time? Yes Charles really this time. He smiled like a big kid.

Let them young people find thier way. Charles I promised. I know you did and if you sit back and not force it your promise may fulfill itself Ms. Match Maker.

Brandy & Cigars....

Harper walked to Rowe's suite. When a door on his floor crept open Harper come in hurry. Harper looked around walking in swiftly. Jackson closed the door belonging Harper into his back room. He invited him hin his bedroom closing the door behind him. Jackson's wife sat on the bed quietly.

Harper smiled he heard of executives offering hp their wives for rising employees to stay with a company as an incentive but this wasn't his stick.

Sit down Harper we don't have a lot of time before you meet with Rowe. What's up Jackson.

There is no other way to say this Harper. Just say it honey Jackson's wife supporting him with loving words.

Our father's and your mother just didn't die Harper they were murdered.

Harper sharply inhaled by whom Javkson?

Thompson and Rowe.