Karaoke Night

Chapter 31

In the morning, the helicopter took them around Las Vegas for a spin. They saw all the sights the night they arrived when Vegas was lit up and the next day when the sun was high in the sky. Both versions were magical and electric to Candle as she snapped away at the senic affir. He took candid photos of Harper that he had no idea she was taking.

On the helicopter ride back, Candle explained to Harper exactly what happened. In the bright light of day, hus eyes went from green to grey to hazel back to green. He tossed on his sunglasses. In that moment, Candle realized his eyes shift colors according to his mood. Harper? He gazed out the window. Candle lifted his hand, kissing it. Candle--

Here it comes she smiled.
Baby, you are my wife. Exodus is my child, now mine and yours. You must never hide from me when someone says, does ot tries to do anything to harm you, Exodus or any other children we may have. He held her hand, and you must help me to protect you and Exodus.

As much as I love my father, he taught me to be a man very early it is almost as if he knew he was going to die, baby. A tear slid down from under his glasses, glistening in the day sun as bright and beautiful as a diamond.

Candle lifted her pale, pink French manicured nails wiping his tears. You're taking this so serious, Mr. valliant. Harper exhaled, "Don't mock me Candle please. I'm not baby, just trying to lighten the mood, baby, that's all.

My father. Yes, Harper? I loved my father Candle, but I'm learning as all this is unfolding he didn't protect my mother...he didn't protect me. As a man, her was supposed to secure our safety. He failed taking my mother with her and leaving me to the wolves with no Alpha to me from the pack. I've never shared my true feelings with anyone until now. I was triggered when toj told me a strange man wrapped his hands around your precious throat as a message to me. I promise you that will me the last day that mother fucker will ever rest his hand on another woman. It's okay she whispered please Harper don't retaliate.

We have other things to.worry about my love please. He nodded yes. I will leave it...for now. While you are here I will not return you to your mother In a pretty pine box any other issues you will say yes Candle?

Yes Harper....

They arrived ag the hotel Candle ran in.for Exodus who ran in his walker  sideways to his mother. Hey baby she hugged him holding him tight. How'd he do for his first night away Maria kissing and hugging her hello. Good!

Candle and Harpee walked in the suite. Oh my what os this? A timeline Charles and I created we bought this used rolling chalk board from a local sale in Napa Valley.

This is impressive Harper look. He was letting Exodus ride on his back. His jovial laughter filling the air. Harper looked at the board this is amazing guys red strings and all just like law and order.

Charles laughed you'd. E surprised how many of these I had on a wall in my house while working a case. Sometimes seeing it in front of you makes all the difference.

Harper picked up the landline. Hey Jackson you and Valerie busy? Good needed her eyes Charles is a retired detective and Val is still active if they put their heads together and talk it out mabey they can complete the missing links.

Thompson.....

Yeah, well you know what to do...and why are you calling on this line destroyed your cell phone. Nigga! Just do it I'll send you another one today. Yeah, head back.

Rowe.....

What happened? Where are you now? County lock up? When is your arrangement? Six hours? Rowe looked down at his watch. Yeah I'm on my way. Where? Beverly Hill criminal court? Good I know the judges there see you soon.
Rowe text Thompson. 

Rowe: We've got trouble

Thompson: What kind?

Rowe: The Harper Valliant Kind!