The Game

Chapter 22

It would be 1130 am. when brunch was over. Carmen was off in a corner giggling and flirting with a married Thompson who gave two fucks he was a married ass man. Carmen left Thompson who stared as she walked off with Harper and Candle. Sasha walked past Candle low key giggling.

Her mother heard her taunting Candle who kept on the grave yard engagement ring on. When they got back to the suite the chatter instantly began.

Maria of course was on the floor playing with a now wake Exodus who crawled fast to Carmen smiling. He almost walked mom did you see him? I did Candle..he is so excited.

Of course he is excited to see his Abuleta. Carmen grinned where did you learn to speak such eloquent traditional Spanish Harper? She stared at Carmen rolling her eyes because she refused to learn the tongue.

Harper answered her I'm Spanish, middle school from a teacher from Spain when we got a word wrong or a pronunciation she hit hs with a ruler. Your parents let her? Yes because to be an effective business man I must be bilingual.

Aside from that mother spoke Spanish so for three years she refused to talk to me in English until my junior year of high school. Made those hits less and less. Carmen sat sipping water now..tell me about this Thompson.

He cheats Harper said making them all laugh. He treats his mistresses equal to his wife. They would stay but they get unhappy they want him to leave Minerva and he won't do it. So they leave and they lose all that came with being hise second wife of they were allowed on the United States.

He is in the prowl Harper stared at her grining for another source of company. Carmen shrugged her shoulders imma big girl lemme see what I can find out about this new partner thing. See if a few drinks can losen his lips and wallet.

Maria giggled get that money. Carmen laughed okay Mami? Mom you're embarrassing me Candle said in Spanish forgetting for a second Harper was fluent. She sucked her teeth.

Harper knows what it is Candle I'm his mother or didn't you hear him at brunch? Maria giggled again with Carmen. What the two of you gonna do at that Lakers game tonight huh? Cause Jason Cartwright's gonna flip his wig when he sees his baby mama he left lonley in New York in LA with Forbes man of the year. Love the magazine cover photo by the way Harper the suit was crisp.

Thank you Carmen. Harper Jason can be bossy, nasty, and pushy, stand your ground, and you'll be fine. What am I saying that Rico was a hot mess. Candle and Maria laughed then the landline rang. Hello? Mrs. Valliant? Yes? Mr. Thompson says he is waiting on Ms. Carmen? Yes, she is on her way. Harper and Candle walked her to the limousine.

She hugged them both goodbye. She stared at Candle as Harper walked off it's not grave yard jewels. The man made a stupid mistake he fixed it real fast but he was more worried about losing you more than anything. I get a good feeling from this kid he's different. Rich yes but his parents raised him with old school morals and values and they didn't let the money make him. They made him make the money. A second generation financier not bad for a kid out the hoods of Brooklyn New York.

Candle smiled that's if I can seal the deal mom. Plat ya hand be yaself baby you'll never come up snake eyes. She kissed Candle getting in the limousine stretch with Thompson.

Harper held Candle's hand we can skip the game bae. She looked up at him we can but we won't. Harper smiled defiantly.

The party bus showed up to carry them all to the stadium. The lights on the party bus were a light hue of purple. The floor was made of mirror as was the ceiling. Harper sat and Candle sat on hos lap her legs strewn across his.