Ch.3 Flik

After only two hours people were gathered together in several groups.

A big brawny man with a beard and mustache stood in front of one of them proudly. "As the holder of a Mid-grade Town Token, I think I should be the leader of this group. If I set my Town Token here we will have water right here." He stated loud and proudly.

A woman raised her voice. "How is that even fair, I was planning on setting my Town Token here."

Leumas had pulled James and Dean to the side. With them were several other people they knew in the other world, so they had all gotten together. To form a smaller group of their own.

Not long after Chance had left the field Leumas and the guys went to see who was here. They had found quite a few people that they knew and were acquainted with already.

With this many people lots of food was going to be needed, but with a lake close by at least water wasn't going to be an issue for the time being but with these two arguing as they were things might get messy.

"I think we should go our own way." Leumas looked over his shoulder at the brawny man talking in a condescending tone to those with him. "You guys trust me right?" He asked.

Several of the others there looked at him. Some nodded in agreement, while others looked toward those who had openly proclaimed they held Town Tokens.

Dean and James took either of Leumas hands in their own. "We are going with you wherever you lead us. Although you are probably the only Native who couldn't figure out his directions in the other world let alone this one." Dean smiled widely and chuckled as he spoke.

Leumas shoved Dean playfully in the arm. "Quit it, I'm being serious here." he smiled.

With a smile James shook his head. "Just lead the way."

Dean nodded. "It's not like any of them have a better idea and besides this way we have less people to watch over." Dean looked over at the other groups. Shook his head and looked at Leumas with resolve in his eyes. "Let's pick a direction and go my love."

With that Leumas nodded. "Alright it's settled then." He went to the edge of his group with everyone staying behind him. "Mister Belcroft, Miss Perry, and Mister Wallace. We will be going on our way, this source of water can be yours."

"You are still here." Said Mister Wallace annoyed.

One of the guys came up from behind Leumas and whispered in his ear. "Yup definitely a good call leaving."

Looking over his shoulder Leumas saw Nolan, a childhood friend of his. "You're telling me." The once stout man was slightly taller and more broader than before.

After a short discussion they agreed to head west with the sun.

The sun was high in the sky. They had been walking all morning and were now taking a rest, all in all there were a total of 48 of them

Leumas was looking at the inventory slot of the storage ring he got for the Life Lottery winnings. The ring was an added item all of them received.

Inside sat his winnings each item taking up a slot. A Blue Grimoire. A simple gold ring. A Town Token. A Green Building. A basket of eggs. A Carriage. And lasting the Dungeon Monolith

Leumas sat with Nolan. "I'm curious Nolan, what main class did you pick?"

Not a moment later a sheathed great sword was resting in his lap with leather straps. "I became a swordsman. What about you?" He inquired eyebrow raised.

Leumas smirked. A light glowed then a sealed weaved bag appeared. Nolan watched quietly as Leumas undid a tie and opened a pouch. Reaching his hand in he pulled out a green egg.

The egg was about the size of an ostrich egg. But on it we're multiple shades of green. "I picked the Tamer Class." Leumas took that moment to try something. He pointed to the sword. "Unsheathe that slightly for me will you. I think I know what I'm supposed to do."

Nolan gave a curious look at the egg and nodded. Without a word his clicked a clasp and pulled a small section of the sword out, a gentle *schwing* whispering out.

The two shared a look as Leumas placed his index finger on the blade and pressed gently drawing some blood. He held his finger and squeezed with his thumb and middle finger and a drop fell onto the egg, the red contrasting against the greens.

A notification appeared in front of Leumas. Would you like to form a contract. Yes or no? "Yes"

A light flashed drawing the attention of the others as the sound of flapping feathers reached their ears followed by a *screee*.

Sitting on his left arm now was a green bird. 'Contract accepted. Forest Phoenix acquired.'

"It's a Forest Phoenix. A real ass fucking Phoenix." Leumas stated as he reached his right hand out and waited.

The Phoenix looked around at all the beings. It then turned to look at Leumas with its head cocked to the side. A chirp came from its beak, then it pressed its head into his free hand.

"I'll call you Flik." He smiled as he began to caress the feathers of his first tamed monster.

"Okay that's pretty fucking badass." Nolan said watching with amazement. He then looked around and ran off to ask others. "Are there any other Tamers here? I wanna see what other monsters are with us."

Leumas raised his hand into the air and Flik took flight. "Go and find us a water source, Flik." With a *screeeeee* the Forest Phoenix was off.

"Remember don't pull any buildings out, we won't be able to bring it with us otherwise."

Leumas then reached into the pouch and pulled out a second egg. This one was a dark blue, swirled with black.

Again he placed a drop of blood onto the egg. Another flash occurred by Leumas, again people turned and looked. Dean and James, just silently watching curiously.