Book One: Harry Potter and the Homecoming

Prologue:

The residents of Privet Drive woke up one Wednesday morning to a startled shriek.

The shriek was emanating from the stick-like figure of Petunia Dursley. She stood there in her bathrobe, looking down upon, what with closer inspection seemed to be a baby in a basket!

Perhaps sensing the neighbors prying eyes, the basket was hurriedly rushed inside.

Unbeknownst to the rest of Privet Drive, the baby inside this basket was perhaps the most famous one-year-old child in the world.

However, even if this baby's name was told directly to them, the denizens of this street would remain blissfully unaware of who exactly he was.

The names James and Lily Potter were meaningless to them and would remain that way.

Inside the perfectly organized, neat house, an argument was occurring.

The object of this argument was currently crying, while his pudgy overfed cousin poked and prodded him.

"Petunia, I don't care what the letter said, I refuse to have one of them in our house! What if..."

" Vernon, you know I don't want him here, but we may be in danger if we don't take him"

"WE'RE IN DANGER IF WE DO!"

"Shhhh! We don't want to scare Dudders"

"Think of what it would be like if we kept the freak- With who-knows-what after him, with his unnatural goings-on, think of how that would scare Dudley Pet".

Petunia breathed in, perhaps too sharply.

She felt deep pain, but also rage.

Her sister, dear little Lily was dead.

And now she, with her lovely normal husband and her lovely normal son and her lovely normal life would be saddled with her sister's freakish son.

She couldn't take it.

How could they expect this of her?

Vernon was right, it would be terrible for her Duddy-kins to have to be around him.

"What can we do with him, Vernon?"

"We'll take him to an orphanage, let them take care of him, what are our taxes going to otherwise".

"But Vern dear, what if they come back?"

"We'll deal with that then."

With that, the Dursleys and Harry Potter left 4 Privet Drive. 500 Miles away, an oddly shaped silver instrument began to whirr and let off a plume of smoke in the office of Albus Dumbledore. In less than 24 hours since their erection, the Blood Wards around 4 Privet Drive had fallen.

_________________________________

It was the next day.

The Dursleys had settled back into their normal routine, opting to forget all about the bit of unpleasantness that had bothered them, and instead had a remarkably ordinary day.