The Republic of Zaporizhia-Ukrainy

The Republic of Zaporishia-Ukrainy follows a government system inspired by the Cossack people's that live in it and therefore, while they have a direct head, they have a council, a Rada thar represents the interests of the various Cossack clans and communities. This Rada serves as the governing body of the Cossack Host, ensuring that decisions are made collectively and in accordance with the traditions and values of the Cossack people.

At the head of the Cossack Host is the Hetman, Usually a Cossack Veteran officer who is well respected and trusted by the various clans. The Hetman is not only a military leader but also a political figure, responsible for representing the interests of the Cossack Host to external powers and overseeing the administration of internal affairs. The Rada has representatives chosen by the stanytsias, Local Cossack communities, with each stanytsia sending delegates to participate in the council's deliberations. These representatives, known as Starostas, serve as advisors to the Hetman and collectively make decisions on behalf of the Cossack Host. The Hetman's power is not absolute, as they must consult with the Rada and seek consensus before implementing major policies or decisions.

The Modern Cossack system does see a deep connection between the Military and the civilian leadership, with many Cossack traditions emphasizing the importance of both military prowess and democratic governance. The Hetman of the state is given the official title of Koshovyi Hetman which is also the Generalissimus rank of the Cossack military forces. This title reflects the dual role of the Hetman as both the supreme military commander and the political leader of the Cossack Host.

In addition to the Hetman and the Rada, the Cossack Host also maintains a system of Atamans, Generals who also serve as regional leader. Atamans are appointed by the Hetman and approved by the Rada, and they hold significant authority over their territories, overseeing both military operations and civilian administration. They act as intermediaries between the central government and local communities, ensuring that the interests of their people are represented effectively. The Rada also contains many Starshyna, The Officer class from Standard Bearers to Senior Colonels. the Starshyna also become Starostas, administrators of the various aspects of Cossack society, such as agriculture, trade, and justice.

The Cossack Host prides itself on its egalitarian ethos, where decisions are made collectively and every member of society has a voice. This democratic spirit is deeply ingrained in Cossack culture, stemming from their historical traditions of self-governance and communal living. The Army on the other hand is far more authoritative. Starting out as a Cossack at the bottom, showing Bravery, earning Medals and demonstrating leadership qualities are the typical paths to advancement within the military ranks. Those who wish to become officers must earn a commission like their Russian masters. But unlike Russia, Commissions are much more meritocratic within the Cossack Host, even higher standard than the Russian Army with Only those in the 80th percentile or above earning a commission as officers. This ensures that leadership positions within the military are held by those who have demonstrated exceptional skill, bravery, and dedication to the Cossack cause.

Despite the hierarchical structure of the military, the Cossack Host maintains a sense of camaraderie and mutual respect among its members. Officers lead by example, earning the trust and loyalty of their subordinates through their actions on the battlefield and their commitment to the welfare of their troops. The bond between soldiers and their leaders is strengthened by the shared values and traditions of the Cossack people, fostering a strong sense of unity and cohesion within the ranks. Their military system also applies to local community lives in administrative divisions. The Smallest unit is the Plastun, consisting of a few families or households, which are overseen by a Plastun Starosta, similar to a village elder. In their army, a Plastun was required to give a Platoon sized unit headed by a Pivsotenny or 2nd Lieutenant. Above the Plastun, there is the Kurins were units of half units of the next higher unit. Kurins are larger communities, typically encompassing several Plastuns, and are led by a Sotenny, a 1st Lieutenant who acts as the unit's commander and the municipal leader. Above the Kurins are the Sotnias, which are equivalent to companies in military terms. Sotnias consist of multiple Kurins and are commanded by a Sotnik or Captain. Sotniks oversee the military operations and administrative duties of their Sotnias, ensuring that their troops are well-trained and prepared for combat.The next level of organization is the Polks, the Regiments. Polks are composed of several Sotnias and are led by a Polkovnyk or Colonel, who holds significant authority over both military and civilian matters within their jurisdiction. They oversee the training, deployment, and strategic planning of their regiment, as well as the administration of local communities and resources. Here the Polks merge into proper military units. First are Bryhadi, or Brigades, which are the first units to have a standardized size in the Cossack Army. A Bryhadi must have exactly three Polks under its command and is led by a Ataman Bryhadi or Brigadier General. Bryhadis are responsible for coordinating large-scale military operations and are often deployed as the primary fighting force in major battles.