Chapter 31-40

Chapter 31

The next day, Su Yujiao still stayed at home and did not go out. It was not until the third day, when the muddy ground at the door was dried and the soles of her shoes were no longer caked with mud, that Su Yujiao hugged Xiaobao and prepared to go out for a walk.

First, I sat at Zhang Mei's house for a while. The colorful flowers in her yard were scattered everywhere by the rain two days ago. Today, I saw many half-opened flowers popping up again.

The rich fragrance of various flowers assaulted her nostrils. After Su Yujiao obtained Zhang Mei's consent, she picked a lot of them in her spare time and wanted to dry them in the sun to make dried flower sachets and scented tea.

"I've eaten the specialty flower cake here before, but I never knew it could be made into tea." Zhang Mei generously let her pick as she pleased.

Su Yujiao stared at the jasmine tree in the corner of her kitchen room. Dots of small white flowers were dotted among the green leaves. Compared with the other camellias and roses in the yard, they were inconspicuous.

But as long as you get close, you can smell it. The small jasmine flower also has its own fresh fragrance.

In addition to jasmine, Su Yujiao also picked many roses. Unfortunately, Zhang Mei planted ordinary flower seeds, not edible flowers, otherwise they could make flower cakes by themselves.

In the past, Grandpa Su's comrades from his hometown gave him some specialties from Yun Province. Su Yujiao also tasted flower cakes. She still remembered that one of them was rose honey flavored, which was particularly delicious.

However, Lu Xiao said that after moving to the branch military area, he would take a day to take her and Xiaobao to the city, and she would soon be able to eat the flower cake that she had longed for.

After sitting at Zhang Mei's house for a while, Su Yujiao saw that it was almost time for lunch, so she planned to take Xiaobao directly to the regiment headquarters to find Lu Xiao today.

It saves him from having to run back and forth to deliver food to them every day, which is too much trouble.

In fact, Su Yujiao also considered whether she should learn to cook, but she really couldn't use the earthen stove and couldn't make a fire. She failed in the first step of cooking.

Her previous home used gas, and it would start a fire just by turning it on. Unfortunately, it is not widely available here. I wonder if it is available in the military area. If so, she might be able to cook by herself.

When they got here, there was still some time before dinner. Su Yujiao saw Lu Xiao training with the soldiers on the training ground from a distance. She didn't disturb him and turned to look for Chen Song in the infirmary.

The infirmary was quiet and quiet. Occasionally, one or two soldiers would accidentally sprain or stretch themselves during training. They would come to Chen Song and prescribe some painkillers and then leave. She would be alone most of the time.

When Su Yujiao came, she had just finished pressing a soldier with a sprained arm. She had not even had time to wash her hands with medicinal wine, so she was asked to sit wherever she wanted while she went out to wash her hands.

The injured villagers rescued by the army in the past two days have all left. Lu Xiao said that the follow-up army will send personnel to help the village rebuild.

I hope my husband's house can be built as soon as possible.

However, people are so careless in talking about it. Just when she thought of her good mother-in-law and her granddaughter, there was a little soldier leading her mother-in-law and granddaughter in at the door of the infirmary.