Chapter 129: Part 3

By the time Xiaobailong and Madam Yunchang Xianzi left the main hall of Xuanxu, evening was approaching. To ensure absolute safety, both children carried talismans that could help pinpoint their location.

Daughter Qiu Qiu was at the Lakeside Pavilion. On this snowy day, Xuanxu seemed like a fairyland, with the frozen lake resembling a clear mirror, surrounded by steaming clouds that made the Lakeside Pavilion appear heavenly.

Qiu Qiu held a scripture book while He Zhizhou stood behind her. Both of them had turned away from Xiaobailong, who couldn't see their expressions but could hear some chatter.

"Has Qiu Qiu learned poetry?"

He Zhizhou, with great enthusiasm, said, "Come, recite a poem now and let your teacher see what you've learned!"

"I've learned it!" Qiu Qiu said triumphantly. "Then, I'll... I'll talk about my mother!"

Yunchang Xianzi, known in the cultivation world for her beauty, had received numerous poems, often flattering. But seeing her child personally compose one was a first.

"Ah, Qiu Qiu indeed favors you more."

Xiaobailong, using mental communication, jokingly said, "Daddy is not happy; Mother needs to compensate."

Yunchang Xianzi glared at him furiously but with a slight curve at the corner of her mouth.

Qiu Qiu began her poem, "Ah—'Ode to Mother'!" Both Xiaobailong and Yunchang Xianzi listened with smiles, suggesting, "This poem should be properly recorded and framed in our study."

Soon, they heard their daughter reciting loudly, "Always forcing me to study, cooking like poisoning... frost." Yunchang Xianzi's expression was already off.

From a smiling face, Qiu Qiu's mother turned shivery, while nearby Xiaobailong continued loudly, "Had a bowl of soup, um, then... my father collapsed!"

Qiu Qiu scratched her head, "Who is this 'Senior Sister Yun'? If brother sent the letter to her, why did it end up back in this study room?"

Lin Xun was mortified. He and Senior Sister Yun had similar personalities and interests, often exchanging letters ranging from poetry to life ideals. At some point, he strongly desired to see her, even dreaming about it. Lin Xun attempted to write an invitation but couldn't muster the courage to send it to her, trying various approaches from summer to deep winter.

Qiu Qiu couldn't understand the situation, filled with confusion as she picked up the next paper. The moment she read the content, even this child couldn't contain her smile. "Senior Sister Yun, would you perhaps have time to visit Xuanxu?" She pursed her lips and chuckled, "Hehe, I miss you."

Wow.

He Zhizhou wanted to laugh but refrained, suppressing a smile and awkwardly clearing his throat. "N-no, it's not like that."

With a teary voice, Lin Xun clenched his clothes tightly, his soft tone trembling, "I... I didn't write that 'hehe,' I earnestly wanted to... tell you."

It seemed like a competition to see whose face could turn the reddest. Even Yun Duan Yue dared not look at him, softly responding, "Um."

After a pause in her speech, barely audible like a mosquito's buzz, she continued, "I was supposed to accompany Mother back to our hometown. It took several hours of pleading with Father before I could come to Xuanxu."

So it wasn't a simple "following family members to play."

It was Yun Duan Yue's personal wish to come here, wanting to see someone in particular. He Zhizhou noticed a fleeting uncontrollable smile in Lin Xun's eyes.