Chapter 132: Part 1

Suddenly crossing back to the modern metropolis, Ning Ning was completely caught off guard. What was even more unbelievable was that at this moment, not only was she standing there dumbfounded and bewildered, but there were others as well. The origin of all this strange phenomenon was the unreliable Whetstone System created by He Zhizhou. After diligently working for the Dao for so long, he had made efforts without rewards. Perhaps because the Dao was also following a socialist path and was quite considerate towards its subordinates, at the end of the year, He Zhizhou was given a mysterious year-end reward.

"My system sister is so mysterious and secretive, she doesn't want to reveal anything - I don't even know what the reward is," He Zhizhou whispered to Ning Ning while the disciples of Xuanxu Sword Sect were having breakfast. "It has tricked me many times before, I didn't dare to open it directly, should we give it a try now?"

As he finished speaking, he took a sharp breath, probably because the words "system sister" had angered a certain lady, triggering a retaliation in his mind. At that moment, Ning Ning didn't think much and calmly replied, "It should be fine, go ahead."

Soon, everyone at the table inexplicably found themselves there. Normally, disciples of the Xuanxu Sword Sect had little contact with their families, except around the New Year. Senior Sister Zheng had already returned home early, Senior Brother Meng Jue also had a habit of returning to his hometown for rituals, and was not in the sect either. So, the only ones who could cross time and space were her, He Zhizhou, Tian Xianzi, Pei Ji, and Lin Xun.

"So," Tian Xianzi, with a 'nai' bun in her mouth and a puzzled look in her big eyes, said, "Did I eat too much and hallucinate before death?"

"Is this a 21st-century highway?" He Zhizhou, accustomed to the solemn and ancient buildings in the cultivation world, was momentarily stunned at the sight of the asphalt road. It took him a while before he asked the Whetstone System in his mind, "Have I come back?"

"You only have half a day."

The lazy female voice gave a cold snort, still holding a grudge against the word "sister". "When the sun sets in the evening, you will be sent back to the cultivation world."

What does modern society symbolize? Phones, the internet, air conditioning, and countless desserts, snacks, 'nai' tea, and hotpot. Even if it was just half an hour, he would gladly agree to stay!

He Zhizhou transformed into the ultimate 'bootlicker'. "Thank you, beautiful senior sister, you are so kind! I will be a fan of the Dao for the rest of my life! A mediocre person like me can actually meet such a perfect partner, what an honor, definitely an honor!"

He Zhizhou cried out in excitement, and Ning Ning's excitement was no less than his.

The road was located on the outskirts, with no cars or people in sight. Looking up, you could see a magnificent and vast city in the distance, like a giant built of steel and concrete, shrouded in a gloomy haze.

"I've been here before! This is, uh, a fairyland overseas!" He Zhizhou's storytelling skills were top-notch. After speaking, he winked at Ning Ning. "You should be quite familiar with this place too, right?"

Ning Ning nodded, "This is my hometown."

Most of the people present knew about the matter of exchanging bodies for each other. When she was speaking, a truck happened to rush by, frightening Lin Xun, who subconsciously moved closer to Tian Xianzi because of this roaring metal monster.

"This is a kind of magical tool, similar to a flying boat, with people inside," Ning Ning patiently explained, using terms they could understand. "My hometown lacks spiritual energy, prohibits fighting, no matter how strange the objects we encounter later, they won't harm our lives - just remember to avoid them and avoid any collisions."

If a cultivator collided with a big truck, the former would be the one to worry about. Ning Ning could already imagine the scene of the truck being overturned by sword energy and cut into several pieces of metal, just the thought of it made her heart ache.

"By the way, the way people dress here is very different from the cultivation world, if you want to enter the city, you need to adapt to the local customs."

"Yes, just like me!" He Zhizhou had cast a disguise on himself without anyone noticing. When Ning Ning looked over, she saw that he was dressed in a coat and jeans, smiling with a touch of the feeling of a popular actor.

Tian Xianzi was taken aback, "Our bodies are gifts from our parents, your hair, this, this, this - is this a monk village?" As soon as he finished speaking, Ning Ning's figure also flickered. The body was exactly the same as her original appearance, so Ning Ning used her most familiar outfit. Black hair cascading over her shoulders, a fluffy sweater paired with a long skirt and white socks around her neck with a scarf.

She silently finished the spell, smiling as she poked the person next to her on the arm. "Pei Ji, want to give it a try?"
This appearance was somewhat different from before.
The scarf was large, covering Ning Ning's chin completely, some black hair scattered within the scarf, a bit messy, fluffy and soft.
The sweater was also oversized, presenting a comfortable off-white color, making her look like a fluffy cotton ball.
It made him unable to resist the urge to hug her.
Pei Ji lowered his long lashes, concealing a hint of desire in his eyes, responding without hesitation, "Hmm."
Ning Ning didn't know much about men's clothing, so after some thought, she also changed Pei Ji into a sweater.
In contrast to the off-white color, Pei Ji was all black. His features were stern, with a hint of casual elegance. At this moment, his black hair was soft and fluffy on his head, contrasting with his cold white complexion like jade. He exuded a youthful air, not like a decisive sword cultivator, but more like a precious and aloof young master.
And his legs were really long, outlined in the pants with a slender and powerful curve, a truly beautiful leg shape.
Accustomed to wearing long robes in the cultivation world, he noticed Ning Ning's gaze on his legs and felt a bit awkward for a moment, gripping the Shadow Sword tightly in his hand.
"Really? Does this make you nervous too?"
The Shadow Sword kept snickering, "Pei Little Ji, you will be seen through sooner or later. What will you do then?"
Tian Xianzi and Lin Xun were not old-fashioned and followed Pei Ji's lead, letting He Zhizhou cast a disguise for them.
"We have the clothes, but a very serious question remains."
He Zhizhou stroked his chin, "If we want to have a fun day, where will the money come from?"
The result was going to a pawnshop.
Tian Xianzi's storage bag was filled with various items, almost pulling out a few high-level magic tools at random, which Ning Ning and He Zhizhou desperately stopped. After some discussion, what was eventually pawned off were a few small pearls that Lin Xun had brought from home for the New Year.
The pearls from the Dragon Palace were of excellent quality and fetched a good sum of money for them.
With a wad of bright red bills in hand, He Zhizhou walked and talked with a breezy air, happily saying, "We just had dinner, let's find a place to have fun first, and then go to the food court later - how about that?"
This was his workplace and not the city where Ning Ning resided, nodding with interest, she asked, "Where are we going?"
He Zhizhou smirked, his expression somewhat sinister.
"I heard that there's a haunted house in the amusement park."
His mischievous smile couldn't stop oozing out from between his teeth, eventually turning into a very standard villainous laugh. "A super large and luxurious haunted house, absolutely perfect for welcoming new friends."
"Going in together with five people, right?"
The sister at the entrance of the haunted house glanced at them, then averted her eyes when registering, stealing a quick glance again.
"Why do I feel," Tian Xianzi whispered through sound transmission, "that people here are staring at us - could it be that our identities as cultivators have been exposed?"
"As long as the master doesn't use spiritual power, it's impossible for our identities to be exposed."
Ning Ning was rearranging Pei Ji's scarf, "The reason they are staring...is because they have realized we are outsiders and are more friendly and hospitable."
In fact, it wasn't that at all.