Chapter 132: Part 3

"Master, I've got it!"
Lin Xun was overwhelmed by patriotic zeal, tears welling up as he tightly embraced the unidentifiable spherical object and looked down.
Lin Xun's smile faded, his gaze sharpened.
In the dim light, he finally saw the thing's appearance.
The shaking black hair, lips stained with blood, the unusual beauty, the unforgivable sin.
Lin Xun...
Lin Xun "Ah ah ah ah ah--!"
Lin Xun performed the celestial maiden scattering flowers, and as the head ascended and descended, when it passed in front of him, the little White Dragon screamed and slapped it forward.
The head, with a maniacal smile, was slapped onto Tian Xianzi's face.
The next events can be summarized in three sentences.
Tian Xianzi ran frantically, laughing excitedly, "Hehehe, hahaha! Come and chase me! Chase me!"
Pei Ji had a stern expression, furrowing her brow, cautiously guarding Ning Ning, "..."
The rest screamed in panic.
After several rounds of escaping and chasing in the secret rooms, the group finally reached the final challenge of the haunted house.
Following the plot, they arrived at the first floor of the teaching building, already discovered by the final boss, surrounded by ghosts one after another, ready to find them at any moment.
Here, there was also a solo mission, where Lin Xun had to go to the storage room and find the key to open the door.
The little White Dragon went tearfully.
"I have an idea."
Before the targeted mission, He Zhizhou, hiding in a corner, whispered, "It's so dark here, with so many monsters lurking around. If we approach him rashly and are mistaken for a ghost, scaring Lin Xun, what should we do?"
"I have a solution."
Tian Xianzi quickly thought of a plan, lowering her voice, "We shouldn't get too close to him or touch him. Once we see Lin Xun, we'll whisper his name and wave to him. This way, we won't startle the ghosts or scare him."
The master is truly the master!
Ning Ning nodded vigorously, "I think that'll work."
Walking through the corridor with closed eyes, holding the key tightly, Lin Xun relied on his senses to feel his way forward. In the endless darkness, he suddenly heard a familiar whisper, "Lin... Xun..."

He was so terrified that he almost lost his mind, thinking it was a vengeful ghost calling for his soul. It took him a while to recognize that it was probably the voice of his master nearby. Everyone was close by, which filled him with joy. He quickly opened his eyes and, in that moment, saw a head peeking out from a corner of the wall. In the dim green light, the head, belonging to Tian Xianzi, tilted slightly and smiled at him. Then a hand slowly followed, accompanied by a faint sound of "Lin... Xun... come... here..."

Suddenly, a few shadows flashed by, and he saw Ning Ning, He Zhizhou, and Pei Ji. All the people who came with him were standing in the eerie green light with pale faces like the dead, waving and calling his name expressionlessly. Several trembling calls of "come here" echoed in his ears, and the voices of Ning Ning, He Zhizhou, and Tian Xianzi were chaotic. Lin Xun looked at the green faces and felt like he was about to vomit from fear.

Who was he, where was he, what was he supposed to do? Lin Xun didn't know, and he didn't want to know. In a daze, he only understood one thing - his master, seniors, junior brothers, and sisters were all dead here and had turned into vengeful spirits coming for his life!

In the midst of silence, a long sigh of a woman suddenly sounded. Ning Ning, puzzled by why Lin Xun wasn't coming over, heard the sound and looked up to see a large bloodied face hidden in the corner, grinning. Lin Xun also heard the woman's voice. Being the only female among the others, it could only be Senior Sister Xuanxu.

Ning Ning grabbed his collar. Lin Xun... Lin Xun's breathing faltered, and he fell to the ground. Due to Lin Xun's fainting, the group had to be escorted out of the haunted house by the staff. According to the boss, he was the first person scared to faint by his teammates.

Lin Xun woke up quickly and the first thing he said was, "Is this the Western Paradise?" Ning Ning was mentally and physically exhausted by He Zhizhou's bad idea, and he seemed to have aged eighty years all of a sudden, with empty eyes devoid of joy or sorrow.

To comfort the group after the traumatic experience, He Zhizhou tried to make amends by taking everyone to the carousel and bumper cars. They also bought some milk tea and desserts, finally bringing the atmosphere back from the underworld to the mortal world. Tian Xianzi fell in love with the bumper cars, clinging to them and fighting for a spot with a group of children. Looking around and swallowing the cream puff in her mouth, Lin Xun pointed to the tallest building nearby and asked, "What is that?"

"Do you want to give it a try?"

Ning Ning fed a spoonful of souffle to Pei Ji and said, "That's the Ferris wheel." He Zhizhou was thoughtful and deliberately separated from Ning Ning and Pei Ji, taking Lin Xun to another place.

Then the Ferris wheel slowly ascended. Upon arriving here, although Pei Ji still had the same expressionless face as usual, her eyes often moved around without a word, showing a hint of confusion, curiosity, and shallow puzzlement, like a child. For example, now she slightly parted her lips, looking through the glass of the Ferris wheel at the surroundings.

"It's very high, when it reaches the top later, we should be able to see the whole city." She looked so cute like this that Ning Ning couldn't help but smile as she explained, "Although my hometown has thin spiritual energy, the craftsmanship is excellent - is the souffle tasty?"

Pei Ji nodded in agreement, then suddenly said, "Can you come closer?" When they were with others before, at most they held hands with Ning Ning. Now that they finally had a chance to be alone together, she sat across from him - heard this, Ning Ning chuckled softly. Pei Ji blushed, blinked hurriedly.

She was in a good mood, obediently stepped forward, but instead of sitting next to Pei Ji, she wrapped her arms around his neck, stood between the young man's legs, leaned down lightly, and asked, "What's wrong?"

This is a position never tried before, Pei Ji looked up and gazed into her eyes. A continuous muffled sound thudded in his chest, thud, thud. He spoke, his voice carrying a hint of warmth, "What... is a couple's outfit?" A couple's outfit? Ning Ning thought for a moment. When they came out of the haunted house, a staff member had glanced at the two of them and said with a smile, "The couple's outfits look good on you." Pei Ji looked at her in confusion, the usual cold aura in her icy eyes softened, leaving only the scent of 'cream'. "It's clothes that only two people wear together after being together." She poked Pei Ji's cheek and felt it was nice, then continued to gently 'rub' his side face, watching his eyes flicker slightly, and his throat gulp. "Look, aren't our clothes very similar?" Ning Ning said, "It's to let others know that we are together." A smile appeared in Pei Ji's eyes. He whispered, "Ning Ning, lower your head," and as their lips touched, his hands embraced her waist.