Chapter 15

So I had a little break from exams and decided to post a chapter. Hope you guys like it.

Lucas POV

I leaned back on the headrest of the car. I had called the driver to come pick me up, I was really tired after the back to back meetings plus the news that I got this morning about my future bride.

I had sent my secretary to gather all the information about her and I'lld have to commend him for his good work.

AMAYA ROSE PETRAKIS

(Rose, the name really suits her.)

Only child of Mr and Mrs Petrakis

24 years old

5'9

Has a degree in fashion designing and business.

Currently owns her own company along with her friend Aria (probably the girl Carlos met at the bar)

Her hobbies are cooking and dancing

And she's a lover of art

They were many other things about her that fully described her personality. You could tell that she was a nice girl. The picture on the profile was also really cute. It was a picture of when she was still in school. She wore a flowery gown and white flat sandals and smiled at the camera.

She looked like a doll. I thought my wife was going to be a rich spoilt brat that i'lld just give all the luxury and money she wants and she'll shut up about everything, I didn't think i'lld be so attracted to her and actually care for her.

Once I was done admiring her, one thing was clear, i was definitely whipped. That was a bad thing, she didn't fit into my world, she was all sunshine and innocence(well if you remove the part where she wore that really sexy dress and dealt with that guy real good) while I was all cruel and arrogant, not to mention all my secrets and enemies. I couldn't let her come into all this, especially if she was going to be my weakness.

I was on my way to the mansion to see my parents. I had decided to call off the wedding. Once the driver pulled up at the driveway, I came down from the car and made my way up the steps to the house. Mum and dad were in the living room along with Lia when I came in.

"Luca", Emilia was the first to see me, running towards me for a hug. "You're back so soon, everything alright?"

"Everything's okay Lia", I smiled down at her or at least I tried to. "I just need to talk to mum and dad, mind going to your room"

"Okay", with that she was off. I'm glad she didn't argue.

"Let's talk in the office", Dad said.

We moved to the office as he shut the door.

"What's wrong son?", mum asked as she sat on the couch beside dad.

"I'm calling off the wedding"

"What, why?, Don't you like her?", Mum had a confused expression on her face. "I was so sure that she was the one for you"

An expression left my face as soon as she said that. 'she is', I wanted to tell mum, but I quickly masked the expression. Nothing can be hidden from my mother's keen eyes of course.

"Your final decision son?", Dad asked this time around.

"Yes dad, you guys can pick someone else for me not her", with that I stood up to leave. "I'm sorry. Please send my apologies to her parents"

"Okay that's no problem. She had many suitors before you but they stopped coming after your marriage was arranged but if you don't like her, I'll just tell Natalia to get her another suitor", mum picked up her phone.

Her sentence made me halt. I hadn't thought about that. Can I really bear the thoughts of her with another man?. Just thinking about it made my blood boil. I got my answer it seems.

I turned back. "On second thought, I think you're right mum. She's perfect for me, just what I need so don't bother calling up her mum", I smiled.

"You sure, you just said you don't like her"

"And i changed my mind mum. No big deal", I said between gnashed teeth.

"Okay, my bad", with that she ended the call.

"Thank you", I opened the door leaving the office.

******

Meanwhile in the office

"What was that about? You didn't make any phone call", Daniel O'Brien asked his lovely wife. She was behaving suspicious.

"Of course you won't see it. Your son is in love with that girl"

"In love? What are you talking about, why would he come to call off the marriage if he loves her?", He was confused.

"Because he's just like his father. Do you remember how hard it was for you to confess your feelings to me and finally propose after you lost her?. I almost lost hope at that time. Can't you see it. He's scared, scared to loose her, scared that he's going to loose her and he'll end up going crazy like you did when your first wife died", Daniel didn't like talking about his first wife, she was a touchy topic for him but he knew that Kate meant no harm. Kate knew she could never take the place of his first love, she was okay where she stood.

"Luca was the most hurt during the period when I came into this family. He was the only one who understood what was happening and about how his mother really died. He's scared that he'll fall deeply for her and then end up loosing her and then everything else will go wrong. He's gone through alot already", Kate concluded.

"You know all this then why still pull that stunt of yours?", He was so proud of his choice to get married to Kate, it was one of the best decisions she made. He wanted to know what her plan was.

"Because I want him to move on. I don't want him to continue to live in fear of loosing his loved one. Did you see how he reacted once I talked about another suitor? That confirmed my suspicion and put the first phase of my plan into action"

"And what's phase 1?", Mr Daniel asked his wife.

"Nothing to worry about darling. Phase 2 however is where you come in", the wheels in Kate's head were turning as she told her husband the plan. She only hoped that it didn't go wrong.

1073 words😇

Sooooo......are you as curious as I am 😭😭. Oh I hate suspense. Even as the writer, I dunno what's in store for our couple but one thing's for sure though, they're definitely getting married. Get ready for wedding bells soon. Ohh how I love weddings😁.