Chapter 5

Time passed slowly for Leonardo who remained in a meditation pose with his mate in his lap, yes Raphael was asleep curled up almost like he was trying to tuck himself into Leo’s arms. Across from the two was April who was fiddling with some device while in her own lap was Donatello, the scientist tried to go to sleep but he couldn’t, his brain was going crazy from the way he and Raphael had just connected with the fathers of the spirits that currently rested in their bodies.

“Woah, Leatherhead wasn’t kidding. It’s deserted of Kraang” Mikey’s voice had caught the others attention, Casey nodded while driving, he took notice of many individuals being turned to stone. 

“Remember Casey, silence. We need to get below ground asap” April warned her hockey best-friend who easily parked the party wagon into the warehouse that it was stored in before he shut the engines off. 

“Come on, I want to see Master Splinter…” Mikey called out in a whisper, Leo could only nod. Immediately he sheathed his weapons before he scooped up Raphael. The hothead of the group seemed to be in a deep sleep as the group exited the party wagon, Leatherhead was with them, he had just remained silent for most of the journey before he exited just when they reached the bridge to New York. 

“Guys, can we agree to keep Raph’s pregnancy on the down low for now” Donatello turned to everyone, all of which nodded. They intended on keeping it a secret to allow Raph to make the decision, the last thing they wanted to do was to double-cross a hormonal teenager. 

“Of course, it’s Raph’s decision D, no need to worry about us slipping up, woah!” Mikey said, slipping on something within the sewer, Casey laughed at him until he froze. 

“Leo, get down here” Donnie’s worried tone had the leader jumping down while April replaced the man hole cover. 

“Oh my….that’s just sick” April covered her mouth, seeing parts of what looked like humans, bones and skulls. Blood covered the walls and the stench was crazy, Mikey almost threw up, he had to hide his face in his arms.

“D?” 

“On it Leo” the purple bandana turtle moved over to Raph and covered his nose to keep the fumes away from his twin, Raph remained in his deep sleep. Even as Donnie took him from Leo when the blue bandana turtle scouted ahead only to return and accept his mate back. 

“How is he not awake? This place stinks” Casey moaned, he and Mikey almost had a game of who could pull the worse face without throwing up.

“Casey! Quiet!” April hissed as they came across the old tunnels, Donnie and Mikey moved ahead, both of them staying silent as Donnie accessed the perimeter access code and within minutes, a few bricks moved. The sound of rushing water had them smiling as they all went through the smaller tunnel until they were directly in front of the entrance to the lair. Their original home. 

“Slash, I am worried. The turtles were barely five feet behind me when….” Leatherheads voice had Mikey running into the lair with Casey on his heels. The two grinned at who sat around. 

“We are home!” Mikey couldn’t help but shout which caught all attention from those in front of him. This included Leatherhead, Pete, Rockwell, Slash, Karai, Bishop and more importantly Splinter who smiled. 

“Michelangelo!” Splinter wrapped up the orange bandana turtle who happily hugged back, soon enough the others appeared, Splinter took one look at Raphael and was about to demand what had happened when Leonardo walked straight past him and entered his old room which had not been touched. Donatello followed him, quickly wafting the sheets which to a surprise weren’t dirty, together the two got Raph situated before they headed back into the main room and were hugged by the others. 

“Oh I have missed you all my sons” Splinter said with a smile, he welcomed Donatello and Leonardo in, his eyes worried when Raphael never appeared but he did not voice it. 

“What’s wrong with Raphael?” Slash’s concerned tone had all the attention. 

“He’s not been well. He was fighting off a fever at the farmhouse, we think he overworked himself and drove himself to exhaustion” Donatello was quick to summarise. Slash nodded before walking towards the rooms, he connected eyes with Leonardo who nodded almost in thanks. Knowing Slash would watch Raph meant he didn’t have to worry too much. 

“So, what happened to the Kraang? Leatherhead only briefly spoke about them just leaving?” deciding on diverting attention, Leo took charge of the room. 

“We do not know entirely what happened but we do know that the Kraang all vanished in streams of light and were replaced by these very powerful stone warriors” Splinter explained, he looked at Karai who nodded. 

“I was out on patrol when I came across something that took quite an interest to the footclan, although I work on both sides. This even spooked the Shredder. Word got around the foot soldiers that from a messenger that an ancient being had surged in old Japan. This being brought a power unknown turning people to stone. I have never seen the Shredder look so panicked when he gave the order out for the foot to go into hiding. It would seem this enemy is feared by the foot” Karai spoke with a colder tone as she brought shivers around. 

“Well if the big old bad Shredder is scared of it, shouldn’t we be master splinter?” Mikey shivered as he spoke.

“Indeed my son but what this teaches us, is to not underestimate our enemy” Splinter calmly said rubbing Mikey’s shell. 

Meanwhile…

Slash frowned, he had just learned that his best-friend was pregnant and that was only because Raphael had been throwing up in the toilet. 

“Relax, deep breaths” Slash spoke in a calm tone rubbing Raph’s shell, the red bandana turtle bumped his arm to his old friend in thanks. The two slowly made their way across the hallway, intending on going into Leonardo’s room when yelling caught attention in the main room. 

“Come on, let’s go see, who did what?” Raph grumbled making Slash laugh, the bigger turtle guided his best-friend but made sure to keep his hands away knowing Raphael craved his independence. 

The two came on a scene almost out of a movie, the whole of the lair were looking directly at the turntables where none other than Tigerclaw stood, the older tiger looked on at them all. 

“What are you doing here?!” Leonardo demanded beside Karai who was annoyed. 

“Like I said, I was asked to track down Karai and make sure she was safe and I was to pass this message onto Hamato Yoshi” Tigerclaw spoke calmly despite the amount of weapons aimed at him. He held a scroll in his palm, Splinter moved forward accepting it. He quickly unrolled it knowing Tigerclaw wasn’t the enemy as soon as he opened the scroll. It simply translated to: ‘On the sworn life of Tang Shen, an audience with you and the turtles is imperative. Two clans must come together to defeat this new enemy before the dragon and the snake are in danger. Signed Oroku Saki’. 

“Stand down” 

“But Master….” 

“STAND DOWN!” Splinter’s yell had them all stopping. Leo, Donnie and Mikey looked confused until their eyes landed on Raph’s, the hothead was standing beside Slash just outside their rooms, immediately all three headed over to him, Leo reached him first, checking on him. 

“What is it master Splinter?” April asked. 

“Saki has requested an audience with me and the turtles, on the treaty we made years ago. He has sworn on a life which can’t be broken as it would seem this individual thought to have died, is alive. We must go and deal with it. My sons with me, Karai you too” Splinter gestured to the turntables, the four turtles had no choice but to grab their weapons and follow the rat. 

Out of them all, Donatello and Raphael shared a look as they remembered faintly back to their dream “Don’t trust the one called Hamato Yoshi”. 

Apologies for the long wait....I haven't got around to this book! I am hoping to get another chapter out very soon! Thank you for your patience!