5 - Listen to me

"He almost thought I couldn't make it," Jungkook huffed out a wry laugh.

He did not have the memory of that entire year, despite spending only four months in a coma. All he knew was tidbits that Jackson accidentally let out either when he was drunk or when he teased Jungkook intending to get a reaction out of him.

All he could say was that he was utterly... unpleasant.

Brain swelling had messed with his personality. Aside from not being aware of his surroundings, he showed many aggressive Alpha behaviors.

He rejected everyone who got close to him to the point where five people had to hold him down to register the tranquilizer. His mood was also so destructible that he often snapped and destroyed things.

As per Jackson's words, he was truly a handful to deal with.

Jungkook almost could not believe it when he first found out about it. Was he really such a violent Alpha?

Because of this incident, it made him even more guilty because a bunch of kind people had to put up with his shitty personality for a whole year. Maybe that was why he subconsciously suppressed his Alpha side ever since he was released from the hospital.

He tried not to be aggressive anymore, to be as kind and gentle as he could...

But all of it went down the drain today when he snapped at the traffic cop. Once again, he reverted to his aggressive Alpha behavior, making the other misunderstand that Jimin was his omega...

Goodness! Jungkook snapped himself out of his reverie and almost slapped himself silly. Enough! How could his mind go there again?!

He cleared his throat and said in a cheerful tone, a rumble of laughter echoed deep in his chest. "But see where I am now, alive and kicking! Even Jack said that I am more resilient than a cockroach!" He tried to crack a joke to lighten the mood but was met with silence instead.

Jimin did not look like he bought the joke. Instead, he had his lips pressed together into a thin line and his grip on the wheel was particularly strong to the point where his knuckles turned white.

Jungkook couldn't smell any emotion from him, not when he had regained a better control of his pheromones. Nonetheless, it did not deter him from leaning closer to inhale the air around the Omega, trying to chase after the whiff of pheromones that had almost driven him insane earlier.

"It's not something to be joked with," he finally said through gritted teeth after a lengthy silence. His frosty voice contained agitation that could not be masked. "You almost died."

Jungkook's smile couldn't help but soften.

He had really misjudged Jimin's personality earlier. The man was nothing like the detached and hostile exterior he tried to show.

Yes he might be a little cold, intense and definitely not good for Jungkook's heart. But beneath it all was a glimpse of kindness that came in the form of buying snacks for a murder suspect and worrying about the aforementioned suspect.

When Jungkook thought back about it, Jimin had been so, so kind to him — this stranger Alpha whom he had just met.

"But I am still alive, am I not?" He said softly.

Jimin did not answer that. They spent the rest of the journey in relative silence, each harbouring different thoughts in their mind.

Jimin drove to a familiar street and finally arrived in front of his apartment complex.

"Ah, that's my car." Jungkook pointed at black car. He was delighted that he could at least still remember what his car looked like.

"You should just park on the empty spot beside mine, Officer." Jimin nodded and skillfully slid the car into the parking lot.