Chapter 8: Entrance Exam

Time skip brought to you by Inoske and Bakugo having a yelling match༺

Izuku woke up and checked the time on his phone to make sure he hadn't slept in.

He barely still had time.

Izuku got off his bed and went to the table with his clothes on it. Applicants were supposed to have worn their middle school uniforms, but since Izuku never went to middle school he wore his work clothes. They were also allowed to bring a change of clothes if their course needed it. For example, if you were doing the practical exam for the hero course you'd need clothes that are easy to move in and if you went for the support course you needed clothes you were fine with getting dirty. Since Izuku was taking the support course exam, he grabbed a sleeveless black shirt and black pants and stuffed them in his yellow bag. He made sure he had everything in his bag before leaving the abandoned building and making my way to the school. Izuku told Mai about the exam beforehand, so she had time to tell people the cafe wasn't open today.

Izuku walked to the school and stopped in front of the entrance. The letters 'UA' sitting atop a massive arch were all he was staring at.

"Nervous?"

Izuku looked around to see a pink haired girl with odd pupils. She was clutching the straps of her bag but had an excited smile that filled her eyes with stars.

"Y-yeah, I guess I am," Izuku replied with closed eyes and a smile, rubbing the back of his head.

She just smiled at him before walking off into the school grounds. Izuku tried to follow her but lost her in the crowd. Izuku wondered why she never asked about his age.

An eleven year old, although Izuku was short for his age and looked around nine, in a high school probably would've aroused questions, but she hadn't even looked curious about it. Izuku smiled inwardly and made sure his presence was hidden as he made my way through the crowds and to a large room where the written exam would've taken place. Izuku got handed a small piece of paper with his details on it, walked in, and took the seat with the same number as his ticket. Other examinees filed in and eventually the whole room was full. The hero course, general education course and support course all had their written exams in one room, so there were a lot of people.

While Izuku was thinking about the other people there, Present Mic walked on a stage at the front of the room and and used his quirk so everyone could hear him.

"WELCOME EXAMINEES TO THE UA ENTRANCE EXAM! EVERYBODY SAY HEY!!" Silence. Izuku considered yelling it anyway, but decided against drawing attention to himself.

"Tough crowd. ALRIGHT! ECTOPLASM WILL HAND OUT SHEETS OF PAPER CONTAINING YOUR EXAMS! THERE ARE 100 MARKS ON EACH! YOU WILL HAVE 3 HOURS TO COMPLETE YOUR SHEETS AND YOU WILL HAVE TO HAND IT IN AS-IS IF YOU CAN'T FINISH IN TIME! PLEASE HAND THE SHEETS ON THIS TABLE AT THE FRONT WHEN YOU ARE DONE! YOU MAY BEGIN WHEN YOU GET YOUR PAPERS! ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS?"

One boy with navy hair and a cream coloured uniform stuck his hand in the air.

"YES, EXAMINEE 7709!?"

He stood up before a spotlight went on him and spoke with a loud and clear voice.

"You said the papers have 100 marks but the information given to us beforehand said there were only 90 questions! As a school as esteemed as yourselves, this is a terrible mistake!" Then he pointed and looked at me. "And you with the curly green hair! You look way too young to be taking this exam! If you are here for fun, please leave!"

Izuku shrunk down in his seat as hundreds of pairs of eyes fell on him. So much for going unnoticed.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! THE BOY THERE HAS PERMISSION TO TAKE THIS EXAM AND HE IS AN OFFICIAL EXAMINEE, SO HE IS FINE! TO ANSWER YOUR OTHER QUESTION, THE LAST QUESTION COUNTS FOR 10 MARKS! IT IS A QUESTION THAT REQUIRES DETAILS, SO IT IS MORE THAN ONE MARK!"