College Love - Melissa Warburton

( note: Y/N/N - your nickname )

Me, Rachel, Joey, Monica and Ross were all sat in central perk, talking.

"Hey! Out of all of us, who do you think is gonna get married next?" Rachel says, putting her coffee mug on the small table in the middle of us all.

Joey begins to make a face while he was thinking.

"Probably Monica and Chandler." He says looking at Rachel.

Rachel gives him a look and I laugh quietly to myself.

I saw a woman then walks up to Gunther. She a small pearl necklace around her neck. She was wearing a pink skin tight dress, a pink jacket with a pink bag in her hand.

"Hi. Could I have a pack of Newport Lights, please?" The woman says to Gunther.

"Oh umm, uh we don't sell cigarettes, but they have them at the newsstand across the street." He pointed over to the stand. 

"That'd be great, thanks." She says, Gunther begins to walk away to get them.

Suddenly, a wave of realisation flooded me. The woman I was looking at was my old college lover, Melissa Warburton. 

I whispered to Rachel,"Rach, look at the woman behind you.." 

Rachel turns around and recognises her and quickly turns back around to us.

"Oh my God, Melissa Warburton. I don't think I have the energy for this."

Melissa turns around and gasps when she sees me and Rachel.

"Oh my God! Y/N/N?! Ray-ray Green?!" Melissa screams with happiness.

 "Melissa!" Me and Rachel both say at the same time. 

The three us have a group hug before Melissa pulls away to say," You both have been M.I.A for the past seven sorority newsletters, what's up with you two?!"

"Wh-" Rachel says but she turns around and sees everyone looking over at us, "Why don't we tell you over here?" Me, Melissa and Rachel walk away to a quiet area.

"So last I heard you were gonna get married, Y/N," She takes my hand, gently and sees that there is no ring, "Oh poor Y/N/N," Melissa says sadly.

"Oh no, no, no! It's good! It's all good! We actually work at Ralph Lauren!" I say.

"Shut up!" Melissa says excitedly.

"We will not! Y/N is the divisional head of men's sportswear! and I'm a sales associate!" Rachel says with a smile.

"Oh shut up more! Now, are you both friends with Ralph?" Melissa asks curiously.

"Oh please.." I say.

"Are you?!" 

"No." I shake my head.

"Listen, we-we have to have dinner. What-what are you both doing tomorrow night?"

"Oh tomorrow, oh I don't know. Um..." I say. 

"You do now. You're having dinner with me." She smiles and puts a hand on my forearm.

"Shut up." Rachel says as a joke and we laugh. 

"I-I've got to go. This has been so great guys!" Gunther walks back with her cigarettes, "Oh, there you are," She take the cigarettes. 

"Umm, so listen, just call me. Here's my card." Melissas gives me and Rachel a card.

"Oh, wow thanks!"