Memories - Judy Martin

Currently, i was sat in the common room wondering where Jude was. Not long ago Jude got put into briarcliff as a patient. She hasn't been the best at dealing with all the strict policies briarcliff has. However, Jude was the one who put most of these in place.

Suddenly, the doors to the common room opened and there was Jude. She looked lost and confused. I quickly got up and walked over to Jude. She stared at me dazed.

"Jude, it's me, Y/N.." I say softly. She just kept looking at me unable to speak properly. The poor woman looked so fragile and broken. I couldn't believe what they did to her. As i gently take Jude's hand, she looks at me and gives me a small soft smile. I smile back. Hand in hand i lead her to the couch where i saw Lana Winters and Kit Walker. I smiled at them both and they give me a small smile back. I gently help Jude sit on the couch and i sit next to her making sure she's alright.

Lana asks,"What happened to her..?"

"I don't know..but my guess is hydro shock therapy."

"No one ever comes out like this though, Y/N," Kit speaks up.

"They could have put her on full blast?" Lana shrugs.

I nod, "I agree with Lana, on this one."

Kit nods too and says, "Yeah," Kit sighs, " Lana had a better reason."

I take Jude's hand and hold it, rubbing circles on her palm.

"It will be okay, Jude" I say softly.

I had grown quite fond of Jude, now that me and her at a chance to get to know one another, as she's stuck in the place too. Majority of the patients at briarcliff hate her still but i don't.

"Jude..? Do you remember any of us?" I ask getting off the couch to kneel down in front of her.

Jude just shakes her head and begins to put a hand on the side of her face. I look and i see where they did the hydro shock therapy. I immediately felt bad for her. It's all because of Sister Mary Eunice. She's began to turn all cruel and miserable when in the past she was a sweet, kind and gentle woman. She changed, massively.

Jude stood up and began to make her way to the music box. I looked back at Lana and Kit and they gave me the same expression I had. Confusion. I quickly went after Jude as she started to hit the music box that was until she started to pull at the music boxes  plug. Everyones attention went onto her. I gently pulled her away and grabbed the plug out of her hand. 

"Jude, no! Don't do that." 

She just stared at me with no expression whatsoever. I sighed. I wanted to try and help her. 

"Jude..it's me, Y/N," I speak softly towards the fragile woman, "Do you know you name..?" 

She turns to the music box and pressed "The Name Game". I looked at her in curiosity for what her next action was going to be. Jude slowly turned her attention back to me. I wish I could hear what was running through her mind right now. She just looked so lost and in so much pain. I just wish I could take all the pain off her and onto me but thats not how life is, sadly.

Over the past few days, I was able to bring Jude back to life, sorta. I tried to help her talk, remember people and know how to life like a slightly normal person. I mean the last one was hard because it's very hard to do when you're stuck in an asylum but I tried as much as I could. I could see how proud Kit and Lana were of me and I was most definitely proud of myself. I never knew I had this sort of thing in me. Helping someone recover and bring themself back to life.

Currently, me and Jude were sat at the couch in the common room. We were sat enjoying each others company as there was nothing else really to do in this shit hole.

I was looking around the common room watching all the others and how they are not exactly in the right mind, that was until Jude said, "Thank you." It was quiet but I was able to hear her.

I turned my attention to her and smiled and said, "Whatever for, Jude?"

"Helping me recover my speech, my memories, my mind, everything really. I owe you a lot for that.."

"You don't owe me anything, Judy. I wanted to help you, thats why I did. I care for you," I take her hand, gently and smile at her.

"You are the kindest person here, Y/n. I wish I never told them to put you in here.."A tear rolls down Judes cheek and I was quick to rub it away.

"Hey, don't cry, Jude," I hugged Jude softly and we both sat on the couch holding one another for what felt like an lifetime but in reality it was only minutes.