Fifth Year: The aftermath of the party in the Highlands. Tom's POV

Tom's POV

The car rumbles to a stop outside the cottage and she slowly turns her head and smiles at it. Just a soft smile and I can tell already she's pleased by it. I unclip the belt and I lift her out and put her down, her legs gently wobble as I place her on the ground for a moment and I can feel she already feels sick again.

I decide to not even chance it and get her upstairs closer to the bathroom just in case. My hunch was correct as not even five minutes later I'm holding her hair back as I try to gently rub her back as the smell of vodka and coke hits the back of the toilet bowl. I wrinkle my nose as she's repeatedly sick and I turn away as I feel a buzz in my pocket. A text message from Evan. I stare down at the screen and grip my phone. I didn't want to speak to him right now, I was still slightly angry with him and even seeing his name on my phone reminded me that he had failed at what I had asked him to do.

I sigh as I rub Y/N's back again and flick open the text using it as a distraction from the smell of vomit currently invading my nostrils.

I read it and decide not to answer him yet

I read it and decide not to answer him yet. Y/N seemed to be almost finished being sick.

I lift her gently into bed, pulling her hair back from around her face. I had wanted to run her a bath and get her something to eat to help sober her up faster but her eyes are almost closed already. After everything, I don't blame her for being exhausted. I pull the covers up over her and smile as her cat lets himself into the room.

As she passes out I watch her and realise a sleeping draught won't be necessary. Within a couple of minutes, she's practically comatose. I had seen more of her small bruises when she was kneeling by the toilet and I decided to leave them. If she saw them in the morning, she'd assume they were just from bumping into things at the party.

I sit there for a moment just listening to her breathe as I try to plan out my next moves. The whole time I'd been rubbing her back in the bathroom and giving her a drink, I'd been mulling over whether I should remove the memory of the...attack... on her. I wanted to but I knew if she found out I had removed something from her without permission, it would destroy everything I was working so hard to protect.

But I had to protect her. The memory of it could tarnish her for years to come. Make her afraid to live her life. As much as I hated the idea of her going to parties, I didn't want this to stop her from living her life. She was only sixteen. Too young to have her life ruined by some stupid boy. A boy that should never have been near her in the first place if I had have been there.

I scratch the back of my neck and sigh, the guilt growing stronger again. No, this was how I would make it up to her. I pull out my wand and close my eyes, relaxing my breathing and I focus solely on how those moments had felt and I cast the obliviation spell.

"Obliviate" I whisper and I stay focused on the memory and I watch it pull from her sleeping head into my wand.

She would wake up tomorrow with no memory of the incident and even some of the party but she would put it down to having too much to drink. It all was going to work out perfectly.