From Fear to Eternity

*At a store late at night*

"Excuse me, but I'm getting ready to close now." a red headed woman says to Prue and Phoebe.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought that you were open till 1:00." Prue says to her.

"Normally I am, but not on the eve of Friday the 13th. In fact, I kind of want to be closed by midnight." the woman says.

"All right, well, we won't be much longer, will we Pheebs?" Prue says.

"Okay, okay. So, input?" Phoebe says as she turns to face Prue.

"It's nice; let's go." Prue tells her.

"It's nice. That's it? Maybe I should look for another one." Phoebe says as she turns back towards the table behind her.

"Look, Phoebe, the woman wants to close." Prue says.

"I know, I know, but choosing the right good luck charm is a very big decision." Phoebe says as she turns back to face Prue with the charm in her hand.

"If they all bring good luck, what's the worst that can happen if you chose the wrong one?" Prue asks.

"All right, you know, this is why I like shopping with Piper and Phoenix." Phoebe says as they walk up to the counter.

"Okay, do you want me to put this on Piper's order?" the woman asks.

"Uh, no, I'll pay separately." Phoebe says.

"Cash or charge?" the woman asks.

"Uh, will you put it on a credit card for me? I will pay you back. You know, tomorrow I have a job interview, and..." Phoebe says to Prue.

"And the good luck charm is going to help you get the job. How much?" Prue says as she hands the credit card to the woman.

"$25.50, plus tax." the woman tells Prue.

"Okay." Prue says.

"Oh, but you get 10% off if you sign the mailing list." the woman says as she walks over to the cash register with Prue's card.

"See? Good luck already." Phoebe says as she signs.

"If you're interested, we're having a Wicca gathering for the spring equinox." the woman says as she hands Prue a flyer.

"What makes you think that we would be interested?" Prue asks.

"Most witches are." the woman says.

"We never said that we were witches." Prue tells her.

"You think she knows?" Phoebe asks Prue in a low voice.

"How could she?" Prue asks in the same tone and then signs as the woman comes back and gives them their things and a blue bag.

"Could you please hurry?" the woman asks as they clock begins the chime.

"Is there a problem?" Phoebe asks her.

"I told you I just, I-I wanted to be closed before midnight." the woman says.

"Wow, you really take this Friday the 13th stuff seriously." Prue tells her.

"Yeah, you should, too. Especially this one." the woman says.

"And why is that?" Phoebe asks.

"Because once every 1.300 years, there's a universal convergence of negative energy on Friday the 13th, and this is the year." the woman says.

"Of course it is." Prue says and then hands her a paper.

"Did you hear that? The clock struck 13. It's starting already." the woman says.