Chapter 9: It's almost like people don't want to be saved

You were not pleased to return with Murphy, but a promise was a promise. You were even less pleased to return in a hurricane, to a dying Finn, mentally-unstable Clarke, bloody-fisted Bellamy, and a captive Grounder.

You had a feeling Anya would be making good on that promise faster than either of you thought and you felt a lump in your throat. You tried to shake the thought by confronting the perpetrators.

"What the hell Bellamy?! I was gone for less than 24 hours!" You scolded, arms slightly in the air for dramatic effect. You hadn't expected to be ambushed by a hug in the middle of your chastising, or at all really, but here you were. Bellamy had a death grip around your arms, bringing them back to your sides. You were having trouble breathing, but you weren't about to say anything. You didn't really know what to say; you didn't know you had grown so close to Bellamy, or any of the rest of the 100 for that matter. You patted his back a few times awkwardly.

"Jesus Christ! We thought the Grounders had gotten you!" It hadn't occurred to you that anyone had been worried about you, other than maybe Raven, but she was currently preoccupied. 

"Yeah, well, they kinda did, but we agreed on a tentative truce. I said I would return with our terms and your guys' opinions." You paused, as Bellamy finally let you go. "But something tells me torturing a Grounder is kind of going to kill my negotiations. Me along with it, if I read between the lines correctly, which I'm pretty sure I did. Again, what the hell, Bellamy?!"

"HE took Octavia! We found her chained in his cave!" 

Well, that tracked. And you definitely recalled it from your notebook. You had been a little fuzzy on the timeline, and with being drugged and captured by Grounders yourself, your own timeline had been a little fuzzy. You hadn't realized so much would have already occurred in your absence. 

"Okay..." you responded slowly, not wanting to offend Bellamy with what you were about to say next. You glanced across the room to see Octavia, fidgeting where she stood. She didn't look scared as much as she looked... guilty?  "Listen, I hate to say this Bellamy, but Octavia looks just fine. Everyone's gonna be okay, but to remain okay, we're going to have to prioritize peace with these people."

Bellamy did not look particularly receptive to the idea, and, as if the world was working against you, Raven and Clarke shot through the trapdoor.

"HE POISONED FINN!" Raven tore across the room in a rage, to where the Grounder was chained.

"ALRIGHT, EVERYONE OUT!" You yelled. Everyone looked at you like you were crazy. "Im so fucking serious. Right now." You were on the verge of losing your shit and it was obvious. You were sure there was no amount of Grounder drugs that could have caught you up on the sleep you would have needed to deal with this. You had been kidnapped, imprisoned, with Murphy, faced down by a badass Grounder princess who was not on your side, and somehow made it out alive. You needed a fucking break. You had not done all of that to watch it fall apart only an hour later.  "

You took a deep breath as everyone's eyes trained on you. You started again, quieter this time. "You all need to take a break before you do things you can't take back and I can't fix." 

You said it with such sincerity, they almost seemed like they might listen. Well, everyone except Raven.

"He's DYING! How are you not taking this seriously?! He's your friend, too! We've known each other since we were toddlers!"

"Christ, Raven, I KNOW! Goddamnit, don't you think I know?! Of course, I'm taking this seriously!" You yelled back. You started pacing, from one wall to the other, and back again, but there wasn't a lot of room in the top floor of the dropship.