Caught

TW: sh mentions!

Lucy gets home from work around 5:30pm, Ana is sitting on the couch watching tv in a pair of sleep shorts and a hoodie. Lucy calls out "I'm home! Where are you?" Ana replies "living room!"

Lucy walks through to the living room and sinks into the couch "I'm so tired, do you want pizza tonight I really don't feel like cooking.."

Ana gets excited since pizza is her favourite meal. "Yes! Pleaseee" Lucy laughs a little at her sisters reaction, "okay I'll order it right now then," and she walks off to her bedroom to order.

After Lucy orders, the two sit on the couch watching tv. They put on 'one tree hill' one of their favourite tv shows to watch together. Lucy turns to face Ana and asks "do you want to talk about why you left school so early today? I just want you to know you can talk to me, or even Tim or anyone just please open up to someone.."

Ana sits uncomfortably but tries to hide it hoping Lucy won't pick up on it, "not really, but I would talk to someone if something was wrong and I promise you I'm okay don't worry!"

Around 20 minutes later, the door goes. Ana pauses the tv and Lucy answers the door, taking the food after paying. Lucy and Ana eat their dinner at the kitchen island just talking about work, school, life, anything to keep the conversation going. These two could talk for hours on end if they could.

Ana goes and sits on the couch again, hitting play on the remote whilst Lucy cleans up the kitchen a little then goes to her bedroom to change into some pyjamas. Lucy comes back out her bedroom a few minutes later and joins Ana on the couch, throwing a blanket over the two of them.

Time skip to 9pm

It's been a couple hours of the two sisters sitting watching tv, they didnt talk much since they were both exhausted. Both of them head to their separate rooms at opposite ends of the apartment.

Ana changed into her pjs and sat in her bed scrolling mindlessly on her phone for a while then decides its best to go to bed.

With Lucy, she heads to the bathroom and spots a blood covered cloth at the sink. She does t think much of it but when she sees 4 small blades on the floor she gets worried and immediately picks them up and rushes to Ana's room, Ana was the only one in the bathroom after Lucy today so they must be from her. She knocks on Ana's door and waits a few seconds, after no reply she walks in and sees Ana is sleeping. Since she didn't want to wake her up she just left and went to her own room, placing the blades on her bedside table to remind herself to ask Ana about them in the morning.

The next morning Lucy wakes up to her usual 6am work alarm blaring in her room, she groans, turns it off and rolls out of bed to get ready for the day. She throws on some clothes and does her hair in a bun for work. Once it hits 6:30 she walks through to Ana's room to make sure she's up for school then remembers about the blades, she decides to talk to her the now so picks them up and goes through to Ana's room, knocking on her door.

Ana hears a knock on her bedroom door and shouts "come in Lucy!"

Lucy walks in and sits on the edge of Ana's bed, patting a space next to her to sit. Ana joins her sister on the bed with confusion, she hopes she isn't in trouble.. Lucy looks at Ana with a concerned look, she didn't quite know how to about this since it's a sensitive topic.. she might just ask a few questions to see if it could be true.

"I just want to talk, but promise me you'll answer honestly on all of these okay?" Lucy takes Ana's hands in hers and looks at her in the eye, "okay.. what questions?.." 

Lucy isn't entirely sure how to start these but decides just to me straight forward, hoping for honest answers. "I'm going to be straightforward and I want an honest answer, I won't be mad, I just need to know okay?" Lucy pauses to see Ana's reaction, she gets a small, slow nod. "This is serious, but uh, have you been cutting yourself Ana?" Ana stares at Lucy in shock. How did she know?

"I.. uh.. no?.." Ana replies, she knows she said she would be honest but she didn't think Lucy would ask this. "Are you sure because I found these in the bathroom on the floor. You were the only person in after I was in yesterday.." Lucy opens her hand and shows the blades, she can tell her sister is lying but wants her to admit it. Ana is looking at Lucy's hand, she's in shock she doesn't know whether to just be honest.

"Ana. Can I check you? I really don't want to but I'm worried for you" Lucy can't help but wonder if her sister is cutting herself then how bad is it? She's going to need help and Lucy doesn't know how bad it is to know if she needs a therapist or anything.

"You don't need to im fine I don't know why those were there!" Ana tries to laugh it off as if she's fine but Lucy sees straight through her. "Bullshit, can I check?" Ana admits defeat and gives Lucy her arms which are covered by a hoodie.

Lucy pushes Anas sleeves up to reveal her wrists covered in cuts and scars, making her question how long this has been going on. She feels so guilty, as if there was something she could've done to prevent this all from happening. She should've noticed, Lucy feels like she has failed as her older sister. "How long Ana? Why didn't you tell me" Lucy asks with her eyes filled with tears.