Saturday: Stuffed Animals

Saturday

He was woken up with the sound of crying and shouting. Not really a surprise. Dave sighed as he got up and headed over to the bed. Brad followed him. Chester was sitting in the bed crying and Mike was shouting.

"Chesser wet the bed! Chesser wet the bed!" Mike screamed. Chester didn't stop crying. Dave had a feeling that Mike wasn't lying.

"Rob come here!" Dave called as he lifted Chester off the bed. Rob hurried in and glanced at him.

"What's going on?"

"Chester wet the bed," Dave replied, "As Mike continues to tell you."

"Oh. Chester, I'm sorry," Rob said as he lifted the boy out of his arms, "I'll get him cleaned up and you get the bed clean."

Dave nodded with a sigh and then he started to clean up the bed while Mike continued to scream over and over that Chester had wet the bed.

<><><><><><><>

"Alright just relax. Just calm down," Rob said to the crying boy in his arms. He set Chester down in the bathroom and pulled the boy's pajamas off. Chester was still crying and Rob bet he was probably uncomfortable. He set Chester in the warm bath water and then handed Dave, who was passing by, the pajamas and underwear to wash.

"Mike laughed at me," Chester said softly. Rob rubbed the boy's back gently.

"It's ok Chester. Just relax," Rob said. Chester sighed and rubbed his eyes. He searched for a toy and picked up a boat. Rob smiled as he watched Chester play in the bath for a little bit. He splashed around a little bit and then he let the boat float down to the drain. Rob laughed and then nodded at the boy.

"Ready to get out?"

"Yes," Chester said softly. Rob lifted him out of the bed and dressed Chester in sweats and a t-shirt. He carried Chester into the main room and set him down next to Mike. Mike smiled at Chester and gave him a few of the blocks to play with. Chester started to happily build with the blocks and Rob joined the guys at the table.

"What do you want to do today?" Rob asked. Dave thought for a minute before responding.

"I think we should take them to a toy store. Honestly Rob, we're going to need to get them toys if they're going to be like this," Dave nodded.

"They have some though."

"Yea but they're going to need more. They're three years old. They need some more toys."

"Ok then what are we waiting for?" Joe said with a grin. He ran over and picked Mike up. Mike giggled and hugged Joe. Rob laughed and then called for Chester to join them. Except Chester wasn't sitting where he had been a few minutes ago.

"Damn, where'd Chester go?" Rob muttered. Dave shrugged and nodded.

"Go search for him."

Rob wandered into the bedroom and swallowed. Chester was sitting by the wall with a blanket tied around his neck to be a cape and crayons in his hand. The drawings were all over the wall.

"Oh no Chester. Oh no."

"Pretty!" Chester laughed as he pointed at the wall. Rob shook his head slightly.

"No Chester, you're supposed to draw on paper. Not the wall," he said quietly. Chester looked confusedly at him. He didn't understand.

"Why not?"

"Because walls are not for drawing," Rob said as he tried to figure out how they could get rid of the drawings. He must've looked angry.

"Mad," Chester whispered as he lowered his head, "I'm sorwy."