Thursday: Epilogue

Epilogue
Thursday

​It was quiet in the morning. There was no noise coming from the living room. Dave shook Brad and the two of them got up. Rob and Joe followed them to go wake them up. Dave stopped when he opened the door. He couldn't believe it. He saw Mike and Chester still curled up on the floor together but their feet reached the end of the blankets. Chester didn't have his fingers in his mouth. They both couldn't fit in the bear's lap anymore.

​"They're back," Brad whispered in shock. Dave nodded slightly. He saw Chester shift slightly and Mike hugged him tighter. The two of them had been together since the beginning of the band. Ever since Chester was brought into the band, Mike had taken a special liking to him. They had gotten together during their celebration party for the release of Hybrid Theory and it had been the sweetest thing ever. Chester had been upset about something going on in his life and Mike had gone to talk to him. When Mike came back with him, they were holding hands and Mike was keeping the other man close to him. He smiled before walking into the room and gently shaking Mike's shoulder.

​"Mike, come on, time to wake up," he said quietly. Mike muttered something before blinking his eyes open. Chester was still fast asleep.

​"What do you want Dave?" Mike asked sleepily.

​"Um....."

​"Is it time for the next show?"

​"Well it will be soon," Brad cut in, "It's tomorrow."

​"Ok cool. We need to go to the venue right?" Mike asked and Dave nodded.

​"So get up," Dave said with a smile. Right now, it didn't look like Mike remembered anything from the last week. That was good. He watched as Mike leaned down and kissed Chester's temple before shaking him awake softly.

​"Hey Chaz, come on," he said with a small smile, "Wakey, wakey."

​Chester yawned and blinked his eyes open, "Morning Mike."

​Mike smiled at him and then frowned, "Why the fuck do you have a cat? Why the fuck is there a giant bear here?"

​Dave glanced at the others and started laughing, "It's a long story Mike. It's better left untold."

​"I don't want to know," Mike admitted as he kissed Chester lightly again. Chester smirked at them.

​"Morning guys."

​"Hey Chester," Brad replied. Mike leaned over and kissed the other man again. Mike was the most affectionate guy he'd ever seen. He watched as Chester returned the kiss. Rob nudged him as the vocalist's eyes slid shut.

​"Look," Rob whispered as he pointed at the blankets. It was barely noticeable, but Chester's foot was just barely moving. Old habits died hard. He smiled and shook his head.

​"I can't even believe that he hasn't kicked that habit," Dave said with a smile. Rob laughed quietly as Mike and Chester climbed out of the bed together and then changed quickly so they could leave. Chester smiled and nuzzled his head against Mike's neck. They had become very affectionate with each other but Dave had read that most new couples were quite affectionate and intimate with one another for at least the first two months. He smiled slightly as Mike looked down at Chester with love in his eyes. He'd never seen Mike so happy than when he was with Chester.

​"Come on love birds, it's time to go," Joe called with a smile. Chester looked away in embarrassment but Mike smiled and rubbed his arm slowly.

​"We're coming, we're coming."

​Dave smiled slightly as he saw Chester shift and his jacket moved a little. Fur of a stuffed animal flashed for a second and Dave had a feeling that Chester had kept the stuffed cat for himself. He winked at the vocalist before they headed outside. He couldn't believe that all of that had really happened. Chester had really been quite similar as a child. He had a lot of similar qualities. The feet kicking, the stuffed animal dependency.

​"At least he doesn't suck his fingers," he muttered with a grin. Rob laughed quietly and Brad shook his head.

​"I'm just glad we never had to carry them."

<><><><><><><>

​They sat in their tour bus that night and Brad knew that Dave wanted to make a scene. It didn't take long for him to do so.

​"So what was your most embarrassing habit as a little kid?" Dave asked with a grin. Brad shook his head. Chester's face had gone scarlet. It seemed like Chester still felt a little uncomfortable around them. He was still feeling embarrassed around them at times. Mike put his arm around Chester and smiled.

​"I'll go first. I hated the color orange when I was little. I couldn't stand it. I hated anything that was orange."

​Dave snickered, "Then you would've hated my hair."

​"Yea," Mike laughed. Chester giggled quietly.

​"Uh....I don't know, I guess.....I guess I had a really strong attachment to stuffed animals."

​"Oh come on Chester, that's not even that bad. Every little kid likes stuffed animals," Rob said with a smile.

​"I g-guess I was a sort of clingy. I liked when people fed me and when they would help me drink......"

​Dave laughed softly, "That's not too bad Chester."

​Chester shrugged and then leaned closer to Mike. They continued to ask questions about childhood. It was odd how much of it Brad knew already. Chester got really embarrassed when they asked the bed wetting question.

​"How many times as a kid did you wet the bed?!" Rob asked with a triumphant smile on his face. Chester looked sick.

​"Tough one," Mike admitted, "At the most three or four."

​Chester blushed furiously, "Um...uh....maybe like....a lot."

​Dave snickered and Brad shot him a look. He knew that Chester was easily embarrassed in front of them. He didn't want the other man to feel uncomfortable. Mike kissed Chester softly.

​"I think it's time we stop," he said pointedly. Dave nodded and then ruffled Chester's hair.

​"We're just kidding with you Chazzy," Dave said with a smile. Chester returned the smile and nodded.

​"I know....I trust you guys, I really do. And I'm thankful for the fact that you are all here. I really couldn't make it without you guys," Chester said with a smile. Dave grinned. Brad smiled. Maybe they had changed Chester and Mike a little bit. Mike looked at him for a minute. Chester stretched and yawned.

​"I'm going to go sleep. See you in the morning."

​"I'll be there in a minute sweetheart," Mike said kissing Chester quickly. Chester blushed again but smiled and nodded. Chester left and then Mike walked up to him and Dave.

​"I know what you did for Chester and I am so thankful for that. He appreciates it, he really does. Thank you guys," Mike said with a smile before following Chester into the bunk room. Dave frowned and turned to look at him.

​"What the hell did we do for him?"

​"I don't know, but let's just go with it," Brad smiled.

​Dave laughed, "Thank god they're adults again. I can't take care of two little bratty boys."

​"Oh Dave, we both know that you didn't think they were brats."

​"I guess not. But I really couldn't handle it. I'm glad that we have some peace now."

​"Me too," Brad smiled. Dave sighed quietly and then went to sit back down with Rob and Joe.

​"So guys. What do you want to do tomorrow?"

​"Anything that doesn't involve three year old boys," Joe said.

​"Please don't ever say that again," Rob smirked.

​"Guys, I think we're looking at a wonderful, peaceful, full night's sleep," Brad said with a smile.

​"Oh Chaz, fuck baby!"

​"OH GOD MIKE! I'm cumming Mike, Mike!"

​It was quiet between the four of them. Joe made a gagging motion before walking away, "Good night's sleep my ass."

​"I'm going to go and cry," Rob said shortly before following Joe out.

Dave shook his head, "That's not cute! That's not cute at all. I want them back as three year olds!"

End