4

THE NEXT MORNING - AT WINTER'S HOUSE - KARINA'S POV

I spent the night at Winter's and I don't know if it's because of the painkillers or the very comfortable bed in her guestroom, but I slept like a baby! I feel guilty for imposing on her like this but I am really grateful for her invitation, because I still can't get dressed by myself or walk without someone's help.

While the boys and I are having breakfast in the kitchen, Winter is talking to Yeji in the living room. Even though I can't make sense of their conversation, I can hear them giggling through the open door and Winter occasionally laughing out loud. Of all the people I know - including me - Yeji is the one that makes Winter laugh the most..It's really a talent! And I'm pretty sure that's why Winter fell for her in the first place.

"It's time to go, boys!" Yeji suddenly shouts from the living room and they immediately get up, kissing me goodbye. "Have a good day, Karina!" She says.

"Thanks, Yeji, you too!" I shout back, turning my head just in time to see her giving a tender kiss to Winter.

After shutting the front door behind them, Winter joins me in the kitchen.

"You're not going to Paramount today?" I ask.

"Nope..I switched days with Quinn so that I could stay here and keep an eye on you. Besides, I need to work on my songs so..it's all for the best!"

"Okay.." I reply, hoping it's really not too much trouble for her. "How is it going with your new TV show by the way?"

"Well, so far so good..But we'll only know at the end of the season if we're renewed or not.."

___________________________________

THE NEXT DAY (LUNCH TIME) - AT WINTER'S HOUSE - WINTER'S POV

When I enter the living room, Karina is still sitting on the couch, with her legs extended.

"Hungry?" I ask, carrying a plate in my hands.

"Oh my God, yes! I'm starving!"

"Ok, wait.." I say, placing the tray over her lap. "Here..I made your favorite."

"Oh, that's so sweet!" She says, looking at the food. "But you didn't have to.."

"It's ok, Rina..You're in pain, you deserve a treat! How is your ankle doing?"

"Well, painkillers help make the pain bearable but..I took a look earlier and it's not pretty! It's still swollen."

"It will heal, you just need to rest." I replied. "But once you're done eating, I'll apply some more anti-inflammatory cream, okay?"

"Okay." She nods. "Oh, by the way..You know who called me while you were cooking?" She asks. "Alice!"

"Oh, Alice!" I repeat in an enthusiastic voice. "How is she doing?"

"Not so great, actually.." Rina replies. "She's been pretty depressed since she and Greg split up."

"What?!" I say, shocked. "They split up?! When?"

"Um..six months ago already.." She replies, confused. "Didn't I tell you?"

"No, you didn't!" I say, still trying to process that unexpected news. "What happened?"

"He left her for another woman.." She sighs, shaking her head. "A younger woman."

"God, what a jerk!"

"I know.." She nods. "It's been really tough on her, obviously..I wish I could do more than comforting her over the phone, but New York is very far away from here..Fortunately, she has quite a few good friends over there but she was just telling me how lonely she feels. I told her to put herself out there again but she said she's not ready to date."