5

SATURDAY NIGHT (TWINS' BIRTHDAY PARTY) - AT KARINA'S HOUSE - KARINA'S POV

I'm in the kitchen, refilling bowls and platters with snacks, when I hear someone knocking on the window of the back door. I smile when I see it's Winter.

"Hey!" I say, opening the door for her.

"Hi! I'm sorry for going through the backyard, but I figured Beomgyu would be embarrassed if I went through the front door and ran into his friends."

"It's ok." I say, to reassure her. "And you did well because he already confined me to the kitchen! I can 'watch them from afar' but 'I cannot make myself visible, under any circumstances'!" I add, using air quotes. "I cannot even bring them snacks, he said he will come get them himself." I say in an offended tone, making her chuckle.

"What about Taehyun?" She asks. "I suppose Stella is here by now...How is he doing?"

"Well...look for yourself..." I smile, nodding towards the open door.

"Oh, he's dancing with her?" She opens her mouth in surprise and excitement.

"He is! And I've seen them talking together most of the night, so...it's looking good!" I smirk. "I feel like I'm watching a romantic movie, I keep wondering if they're going to kiss!"

"It's hard to know...Our boy is pretty shy." She whispers, still spying on them.

"I know...unlike his brother!" I replied. "Because Beomgyu has already kissed a girl tonight!" I laugh and she rolls her eyes.

"Blondie, I assume?" She asks.

"Um...no, it was a brunette..." I corrected her.

"What?! But I saw him kissing a blonde the other day! How many girls is he dating?!" She frowns.

"Well, you know...He's young and exploring...but maybe we should have a discussion wi-..." I trail off, pausing for a second. "Oh my God, Win, look!" I whisper, grabbing her arm. "Taehyun and Stella are kissing!"

"What, seriously?" She says in a surprised tone, turning her head towards them. "Oh, my..."

"What are you doing?" Minji suddenly asks right behind us, startling us.

"Oh, God! You almost gave me a heart attack!" Winter complains, her hand on her chest. "Where did you even come from?"

"From outside...I just got back from dance practice." Minji shrugs. "How come you're here?" She asks her mama.

"What do you mean 'how come I'm here'?" Winter frowns, crossing her arms. "I'm here to wish my sons a happy birthday! And eat some cake." She shrugs, as if that was obvious.

"Ah, right, the 'birthday rule'." Minji comments, using air quotes.

After our divorce, Winter and I agreed that the kids' birthdays were too special and none of us could miss them. That's how we came up with "the birthday rule": whoever has the kids that day hosts celebrations and the other drops by when it's time for cake.

___________________________________

A LITTLE WHILE LATER - AT KARINA'S HOUSE

"Where's Soobin?" Winter asks while helping me with the cakes.

"He's napping upstairs. He's got the night shift this week..." I replied. "He will probably get up in an hour or so."

"Really? He can sleep with all this noise?"

"Well, he's just like me, he can sleep through anything!" I shrug.

"Right, how could I forget..." She rolls her eyes. "You know, I still can't believe you would sleep like a baby on the couch, even though my dad was screaming his head off at the TV right next to you!" She adds, chuckling.