12

TWO WEEKS LATER (LATE MORNING) – AT KARINA'S HOUSE – WINTER'S POV

"By the way, I was thinking of getting a new bed..." Karina tells me in between sweet lady kisses, while the kids are at school. "And I was wondering if you would come with me to the store, and help me pick one?"

"Uh...I guess..." I shrug. "Why do you need a new bed?" I frown in confusion.

"Well, Soobin picked the mattress I have now and honestly, I've always hated it! It's so uncomfortable! I never said anything because it was good for his back pain, but...now, I actually don't have to keep it." She shrugs. "And I know you want us to go slow, but hopefully, you will share my bed again someday, so...I might as well get one that we both like..." She says in a flirty voice, before pressing her soft lips on mine. "Is that okay?"

"Yeah..." I nod. "It's pretty sweet, actually." I say and she immediately smiles at me, pulling me into another loving kiss.
__________________________________

THE NEXT AFTERNOON – AT THE BED STORE

"Win, you have to try this one!" Karina suddenly says in an enthusiastic voice, while I'm checking price tags a few feet away. As I turn around, I find her lying on her back, on top of what appears to be a king size bed. I take a few steps towards her and eventually lie down next to her, wiggling to test the mattress.

"Oh...yeah, it's comfy!" I agree.

"Right?" She smiles, turning to her side to face me. Our eyes lock for a moment and that's all it takes for me to remember all those mornings I woke up by her side. I used to say that seeing her pretty face was the best way to start the day...

"So, is it the one?" She asks.

"Yeah, it is..." I nod, even though I'm no longer referring to the bed.

"Great! Let's go buy it." She smiles, getting up.
__________________________________

A FEW DAYS LATER – AT PARAMOUNT – IN WINTER'S OFFICE

"I swear, Win...I'm going to kill him!" Giselle says in a loud voice, clearly upset.

"What did he do now?" I ask, jaded. I feel like she's coming to my office every day to complain about Lee. I get it though, I know how irritating he can be...

"Well, according to him, he's basically doing everything by himself around here!" She says, raising her arms in frustration. "Even though I was the only one here at 5:00 AM this morning! I mean, if you listen to him, he's Superman! He's God even! Did you know that he created mankind?" She says ironically.

"Okay, look...I know he's a jerk, but occasionally, he brings good projects, like this one." I argue. "And we could use his money, so...let the man speak, it's just words." I shrug. "And he's not fooling anyone! I know how hard you work, G...The cast knows it, the crew knows it...Like you said, you're the one they saw this morning at 5:00 AM, not Lee."

"Maybe, but I just..." She trails off. "God, he drives me so crazy that I have actual dreams about twisting his arrogant neck!"

"Oh, I know..." I nod, perfectly understanding her frustration. "He can make me lose my temper in a second, it's a talent! But trust me, it will be much easier on you if you ignore him. Otherwise, you..." I trail off when someone suddenly knocks on the door.

"Come in..." I say.

"Hi! Sorry, may I interrupt?" Karina says, popping her head through the open door.

"Hi! Of course..." I gesture to invite her to come in.

"Hey, G!" Rina says, giving her a warm hug. "Hi, honey..." She tells me, kissing my lips before I have the time to stop her.