11

A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER (FRIDAY NIGHT) – AT KARINA'S HOUSE – KARINA'S POV

"Have you decided what you're gonna wear?" Minji asks me while doing my makeup in the bedroom. Winter will pick me up for our date in about an hour.

"I'm not sure...I was thinking the silver dress?"

"Oh, well, it's a very nice dress, but..." Minji trails off. "I mean, the plan is to drive mama crazy, right?"

"Um...yeah, I guess..." I chuckle.

"Then you must wear your red dress."

"Oh, peanut, I don't know...It's a plunge neck dress and I..."

"But that's exactly my point, mom." She cuts me off. "That dress is perfect! It shows cleavage and it also highlights your hips...Plus, it's going to bring out your eyes." She argues. "I'm sure that when she sees you in it, mama's eyes will pop out like in cartoons!" She adds, making me laugh at the thought.

"Okay, okay, you convinced me!" I chuckle and she immediately gives me a proud smirk that looks just like Winter's.

"Alright, I'm done with your makeup." She says, handing me a mirror.

"Oh, wow, peanut...It looks great!" I say in amazement, looking at my reflection. "I didn't know you were so good at this!"

"Oh, well, you know...Charlotte is obsessed with makeup and she taught me a few things..." She shrugs.

"Okay, I think my work is done here..." She says, replacing my loose curls over my shoulders. "I'll let you get dressed."
_________________________________

ABOUT AN HOUR LATER – AT KARINA'S HOUSE – WINTER'S POV

Standing on Karina's doorstep, I take a few deep breaths and finally ring the doorbell.

God, why do I feel so nervous?

"Hey!" Karina says with a smile, upon opening the front door.

As soon as I see her, I feel like all the air in my lungs has been sucked out. She's so fucking beautiful, she looks like an angel! A really, really sexy angel...

"Hi..." I eventually manage to stutter in a timid voice. "You look...absolutely breathtaking..." I sigh in disbelief.

"Thanks!" She says, looking adorably shy. "You're stunning too..."

"Um...Are you ready to go?" I eventually ask, realizing that I should stop staring at her like that.

"Sure! I just need to let Minji know we're leaving..." She says. "Peanut?" She shouts.

"Yeah?" Minji says from afar, before joining us in the hall. "Oh, hi mama!" She adds, giving me a kiss.

"Sweetpea..."

"So, we're gonna go..." Karina tells our daughter. "Can you keep an eye on your brothers?"

"Sure!" Minji nods.

"And no boyfriend over while we're gone, okay?" I warn my daughter.

"You don't have to worry about that, because Liam is out of town. He's at his uncle's for the weekend."

"Well, that might be the best news I've heard today!" I say with a provocative content smile.

"Oooh, look, it's time for you to leave!" Minji says in a fake disappointed tone, before pushing us out. "Well, have fuuun!" She sing-songs.

"And make sure to bring her back by midnight!" She shouts in my direction as Rina and I walk to the car, making me roll my eyes.
__________________________________