Chapter Nine

Brenna and Cerise Charming were asleep in matching cribs. The twin girls were the couple's first children. Brenna had blonde hair with red streaks and bright gold eyes. Cerise had black hair with blue streaks and silver eyes. Lizzie smiled as her children slept peacefully. Daring was out of town, he was a knight and he wouldn't be back for a month. A knock at her door.

She opened it carefully trying not to wake up the twins. Raven stood a crying mess of tears. "What happened?" Lizzie asked ushering Raven in. "HE PROPOSED!!!!" She screamed and sat on the couch. "And?" Raven shook her head. "Maddie... She was there. She was behind Dexter. She said 'Say yes'.  And I couldn't! She was there I couldn't do it!" Raven sobbed clutching a baby blanket. Lizzie hugged her. "It's fine. You can tell him yes she's gone now." Raven started crying even harder. Wearily she stood. "I don't suppose you have any..." She trailed off then winced as if remembering something. Then more tears came.

All of a sudden a burst of light. A scene burst into view. Lizzie looked down at a deadly sharp pen hurling towards Dexter. Then it flashed closer to Maddie's face which looked determined, angry and, wistful... She stood next to Dexter and her fists were curled as she looked up defiantly. Her mouth was sealed shut but she frowned up. Her eyes seemed to speak for her. She looked ready to end it all. Flames surrounded the battlefield. Her eyes flicked over to the golden apple surrounded by ashes. And her thoughts floated out. She has the disease, it wasn't her fault. Yes it was! Why do I have to be this way! But still I'll do it for her, and him. The two people that'll never love me. The blade was hurling towards Dexter and Maddie dove in the way. Her fists raised in a fighting stance. The blade speared her heart as blood slowly soaked her t-shirt. She crumpled to the ground as Dexter caught her.

She smiled and looked up at Lizzie and winked and mimed sipping tea. Lizzie stepped back. The scene dissolved as Raven lay screaming. Lizzie hurried into the kitchen and poured a cup of, she shuddered. At the word tea tears brimmed in her eyes. Running to Raven she placed it in her shaking hands. Raven had stopped screaming. She sipped the tea gratefully. "I-I should go." She stammered searching for the door. "No no it's all right." Lizzie assured pulling her back onto the couch.

"It's all my fault." She whispered clutching the tea cup like a life line. "No it's not."

"YES IT IS!!!!" Raven screamed her purple eyes blazing. "SHE COULD HAVE PULLED DEXTER DOWN!!!!!!! IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!!!" Her voice rose higher and Brenna and Cerise started to cry. "RAVEN IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S MINE!!!!" Lizzie screamed as Raven fell silent. "But how?" Lizzie stepped back t, tears welling. "I took Daring from Apple and Apple had turned evil. She wasn't supposed to turn evil! Maddie had a crush on her and you already had Dexter who she used to have a crush on but you took him! She doesn't have a home she has no one to love and she died. And it's all my fault. Just because I fell in love with Daring." Raven did the most surprising thing. She hugged her. "Are you going to tell Dex yes?" Lizzie asked pulling away from the hug. "Maybe." Lizzie's looked into her eyes. "You know you can say yes." Raven shook her head. "I know. But how can I tell him I'm pregnant?"

Yep I'm going to end it there. Now that I think about it doesn't that mean Dex and Ravie did the frickle frackle... Gross. And if any of you want me to write you smut I won't. Smut is weird. It's kinda gross too. Meh no like smut. x.x

~Maddie

{|;-)