Encounter

[Holech's POV]

I heard stories from time to time during the voyage to the continent of Fortis Petra. All of them were about a shard, a shard that is an equivalent of a divine instrument

The tales goes like this, there was a man, one of the ancient a man that was focused on making things, things that surpasses the divine instrument.

And so he made his own divine relic, one that rivals the original divine instruments, it was called equinox, its appearance resembles one of a walking cane with the handle donning jewelry, particularly a red ruby, but it was special, the red ruby has a sword like pattern of a different color, other legends say it was mixed with emerald and crystal, but the most popular one is amethyst, a swirl of red and purple huh... interesting...

Moving on, equinox rivals the divine instruments as something that almost stood above the instruments, due to that, the four major races seek out the creator to split the cane into
four— no it was five pieces, each was placed around the world.

I got to be honest, the equinox is quite a powerful relic I can say that, because in the tale... When the creator of equinox tapped the ground with it, it coused ripples across the world, it split the ocean in two momentarily, but it was enough for the creator to run away, but in exchange...

The equinox broke into five pieces after crashing onto a sharp large rock during a string windy month.

And that's how the story goes, I continuously repeated the tale in my head countless times to just analyze each and every small detail but might lead to the locations of the fragments, with that, someone entered the room, it was Diana again, she looks a bit disappointed.

Hopping of off my bed before greeting her I asked.

"Something bothering you?" I questioned as I get my lute before sitting down the floor, she sighed before she sat down the floor as well, she answered my question.

"Two weeks have passed right? I heard from Iskyrós the voyage would be extended, at this point I won't be able to see the wedding of my sister in Fortis Petra..." She said disappointment in her tone.

So she has a sister in Fortis Petra? Quite the opposite of mine huh... essentially Fortis Petra will be the start of my own journey, but... How long is the voyage now exactly? I heard it was only three months.

"Hey, mind if I asked how long the voyage will last now" I said as I inspected my lute.

"Five months.." said Diana, I see... Another two months huh.... what's the cause of the extension? Was it bad weather?

"Was the cost of extension bad weather..or...?" I questioned again, she tilted her head a bit and did a thinking pose before she answered my question.

"I heard something about the waves increasingly become more unstable, Iskyrós said that we voyage at a not so good time" she said, this confirmed my suspicions, essentially..... The first dragon, has awoken it what I thought,that was the reason for the increase in the intensity of the waves and all.

I sighed, these five months will be hectic huh...just then the ship rocked violently, making both of us cling onto the ground.

What the hell!

After a while the rocking of the ship became a bit more stable, I looked at Diana before she nodded, we exited our room before going up to the main deck, there we saw the crew and Iskyrós moving around faster than usual.