Fortis Petra

[Holech's POV]

With just 3 hours left until the ship docks at Fortis Petra's only port city, Kandahar, anticipation builds within me. Being new to this world, I find myself still unfamiliar with its intricacies, especially since I'm from another world entirely. But for now, I'll wait until we reach the port city.

After spending enough time lying down, I rise from my bed and stretch my limbs before heading to the main deck. Seeing the crew back at work is reassuring. Now, where's Iskyrós?

Searching the ship, I eventually find Iskyrós giving instructions to his crew. I approached him with a smile.

"Iskyrós, how are you?" I greet him, to which he responds with a hearty laugh.

"Aye, kid, all's good. What about ye and the lass?" He asks, his sailor accent thick. I simply nod before he pats my shoulder.

Three months is a long time here, isn't it? Well, the same goes for me, I suppose. I can only smile at Iskyrós's gesture as I continue to watch over the vast blue ocean. I sigh, content with my journey with them. These three months have become significant to me, I realize. That's just how life works.

With just a few more minutes until we dock at Kandahar, the port city of Fortis Petra, I'm suddenly greeted by Diana, my friend.

"Hi!" she exclaims enthusiastically. I greet her back, and we both stand together, overlooking the ocean. I could stare at this scene for hours.

Slightly smiling, we discuss our plans in Fortis. She'll be attending her cousin's wedding, while as for me... well, I really don't know. But I'll go along with anything, honestly.

---

And then our conversation takes an unexpected turn... Kind of?

"Tomatoes? What are those?" Diana asks, tilting her head with a puzzled expression. I'm surprised to learn that this world doesn't have tomatoes. Wait... then what is the ketchup-like substance I've been using during the journey to Fortis?

"Um... then what is the... you know, the thing we use to give the same flavor as ketchup..." I inquire, curious and slightly concerned. She smiles before responding.

"Oh! The thing we use that resembles the tomato thing from your world? Oh, it's nothing! Just grounded red grass!" Grounded what? You mean like... literal grounded grass?

"Like literally grounded red grass?" I ask. She nods, and I realize that all this time, I've been putting ground grass in my food! I'm... quite amazed.

After some time, the ocean disappears from view, replaced by a glowing cave-like entrance, filled with ores and crystals shimmering like stars.

"HEADS UP EVERYONE, WE'RE IN FORTIS PETRA," Iskyrós announces, snapping me out of my thoughts. I rushed to the back of the ship to see the ocean replaced by the vast entrance to Fortis Petra.

I can't help but feel excited as I gaze at the ores sprawling across the cave ceiling. Dwarves mine some of them, but at the end of the cave, light shines. As we reach the exit, I'm stunned.

This is... Fortis Petra... The continent of Weaponmakers...

"Whoa..."

Seeing a large bird circling in the sky around the continent, just behind the port, there are huge trees forming a forest. Beyond that, a plateau rises, and there stands a large castle!

The castle towers behind the plateau, surrounded by mountains, creating a breathtaking scene...

This is... Fortis Petra, huh...

Smiling to myself, I glance at the crew and Diana, all of whom are as amazed as I am...

Alright! This marks the start of my adventure!

---

Upon arriving at the port city of Fortis, Iskyrós and the crew bid farewell to me and Diana before Iskyrós returned to commanding his crew to unload the ship. I watch for a moment, unaware of Diana's gaze.

"Hey, hey, hey! Holech!" Diana snaps me out of my reverie. I simply rub the back of my neck before smiling. She smiles back as we head to an inn...

Then she suddenly stops walking. What's wrong?

"Hey, Holech, Iskyrós gave me these two maps," Diana says as she hands me one...

Is this a map of the continent?

It probably is. I sigh, looking up at the sky and silently nodding in respect.

Guess, this will do for now... She continues.

"Although the map is a bit outdated, it should suffice for now!" She says enthusiastically. Hey, can I get your enthusiasm?

I sigh again before we both head to one particular place: the capital of Fortis Petra, Cathabus, right? Yeah, that sounds about right. Folding the map, we head to the capital. Come to think of it, I did promise Diana I'd accompany her to her cousin's wedding, so I suppose we're headed to the same destination?

I sigh once more, realizing I should probably keep my promise. Alright, time to go with her.

"Is the invitation to your cousin's wedding still open?" I ask. She happily nods, taking my left hand and pulling me as we head towards the main city of Fortis...

Hey, wait! I was going to ask if she could tell me her side of the story!

Helpless, she drags me out of Kandahar, and now both of us, well, mostly Diana, run towards the main city of Fortis...

Let's just hope I don't get into too much trouble...

----

Time passes quickly, Diana talked to the merchants in town if we could hitch a ride with them, to our surprise, a lot of merchants denied the offer, even though money was on the table, thankfully, we found a merchant that was willing to transport us there.

"Oi, I heard you both need transportation to the Capital? I'll let you two have a ride in my wagon until we get to the city entrance"

Said the merchant, looking at Diana for a minute, both of us nodded our heads in understanding, giving the money to the merchant, we went ahead and got inside the wagon.

"Three hours, alright!" Said the merchant as he looked at both of us, Diana giving a thumbs up continued looking at the map, I sighed before looking upfront seeing the magnificent view just outside the wagon. It made me smile a bit.