♡Chapter 18- Engagement♡

Edited!!!

Do vote and comment.
Happy reading 🙂

☆Author's POV☆

The evening sun cast a warm glow as the couple performed the sacred Pooja. Now, it was time for Pranitha to change into her stunning engagement attire.

Akhilesh, beaming with pride, took the microphone to address the gathered guests. "Ladies and gentlemen, family, and friends, welcome! Tonight, we celebrate a momentous occasion – the engagement of our beloved Rohith and Pranitha, and also, my son's birthday."

Rohith, dashing in his formal wear, stood patiently on stage, awaiting Pranitha's arrival.

Pranitha emerged, radiant in her new outfit, accompanied by her brother and sister-in-law. Little Ansh clutched her hand, his innocent smile lighting up the room.

Rohith descended the steps, his eyes locked onto Pranitha's. He gently took her other hand, and together they ascended onto the stage.

Akhilesh's voice filled the air. "Please put your hands together for the stars of tonight's celebration – our son, Rohith, and our soon-to-be elder daughter-in-law, Pranitha, the newest member of the Raichand family."

The audience applauded warmly as Rohith and Pranitha exchanged tender smiles, their love shining brighter than the twinkling lights around them.

With hands entwined, they stood poised to exchange rings, sealing their commitment to one another.

Rohith played a heartfelt video for Pranitha, then descended to his knees, his eyes locked on hers. "Pranitha, will you be my lifeline forever?" he asked, his voice trembling.

Pranitha's response brought smiles: "I'd rather be your lifelong patient, staying in your heart, not your hospital."

Their families erupted in joy, with Rohith's brothers teasingly howling. The couple exchanged rings and garlands, took blessings, and posed for a group photo.

As they waited for well-wishers, Pranitha noticed Madhurima's absence. "Rohith, Madhurima hasn't arrived. You said you'd send a driver."

Rohith nodded, scanning the crowd.

Pranitha spotted Madhurima's parents. "Rohith, look! Her parents are here."

Madhurima's mother approached, congratulating the couple. Pranitha inquired, "Aunty, where's Madhurima? Why isn't she answering my calls?"

Madhurima's mother explained, "Her grandfather's health is poor. Her phone broke, and she's busy packing. She'll call you once it's repaired. She's assisting her senior at the hospital."

Pranitha requested, "Please make sure she calls me from your phone, Aunty."

Madhurima's mother nodded, and they took blessings before departing.
Rohith's gaze swept the room, noticing Rithwik's absence. His brow furrowed in concern.

"Pranitha, I think we should ask Rithwik if he knows about Madhurima," Rohith suggested, his brow furrowed with concern.

Pranitha waved her hand dismissively. "Maybe he's upset because Madhu is leaving for her native. Don't worry, we know Madhurima's alright. Let them be; they'll reunite eventually."

Rohith couldn't help but think, "How quickly girls' mood swings change!" He smiled to himself, amused.

"Okay, madam, first let's eat, then we'll go inside. It's already late," Rohith said, guiding Pranitha to the dining area.

"Okay, sir, let's eat," she replied, her eyes sparkling.

They sat together, savoring the delicious food, feeding each other, and sharing tender moments.