Chapter 2~

"HEY Anya!!! How's it going?" damn I'm in deep shit now. I was spending my only quiet day of rest tidying up the house and listening to music that I completely forgot to text my best friend Erina.

I watched as she came from afar with a bright, kind smile. She is a very good friend and is the opposite of me. Erina dresses very elegantly, always on top of her make-up, polite and knows how to relate to anyone. Literally with everyone unlike me, she could become the best friend of any famous person or politician, she would know how to behave and what to talk about even with a foreigner from the other side of the world.

I don't feel envy or jealousy, I'm happy for her, but even today I wonder how she managed to be interested in me. I'm very casual, both in terms of dressing and music, I'm a girl who likes to stay away and have headphones on at full volume, but I can also be nice and sociable. My only problem is that because of the past I have a very high wall and have never let my guard down on anyone other than Erina.

She managed to gain my trust over time. She has seen me in many different ways, both in a moment of anger, depression and joy, and she has always helped me get back on my feet, both at school and even now that we are more adults. Then no! I would never allow myself to feel envious of my best friend.

"Hey Erina! I didn't think you'd come by. You could have let me know a little earlier so maybe I could find you something to drink." I said smiling as I walked towards her with open arms.

"I just stopped by to say hello before going to work. I also see that my old childhood home is still intact." she said smiling as she looked at her childhood home, "I have to say you're doing well, actually you even made it better than when I left it for you." Erina hugged me again.

"And for this I can only be grateful to you and take care of it as if it were my home."

"Girl, it's your house. I'm preparing the papers to be able to register it in your name. You also know that right now I have no way of fixing it and I also often go out of town. It's just a hindrance to me, so it's your friend. " Erina put a hand on my shoulder and looked at me with a calm and happy expression.

"Then I thank you from the bottom of my heart and if when you are free from work I will invite you out to lunch."

"I can't wait, also because we haven't had a night out for a while. In the meantime I'm going to the bathroom for a moment, I need a quick refreshment..." oh shit I have to stop her, I immediately put myself between the door and her.

"How about I get you something to drink first..." I put on a forced smile hoping s would stay out of the house, at least for a few more minutes.

"What are you hiding from me? Come on, open the door." she said it quizzically and put her arms crossed waiting for my answer.

"Ah well before you say anything else and think badly I have to tell you that the months have been hard and long and I needed to relax and..." I hadn't finished the sentence yet when Erina opened her mouth and the first thing she said was just: "SHIT ANYA! You're kidding right? Why does the house smell like homemade biscuits and WEED?" she looked at me in disbelief and shock with the front door in her hands.

"I can explain to you...well. Amm...I've been working for months without ever thinking about anything else. I've been doing house work, work home for months. I get home at ten in the evening and all I do is go to sleep like chickens." I said exasperatedly trying to make myself understood.

"Anya, damn this is life. I also go to work and then go home and it's been like this every day, for years. It's stressful, nerve-wracking and tiring, but there are many other ways to have fun and relax. And certainly have some weed biscuits is not a good thing." she continued to stare at me with a serious expression.

"Oh come on Erina I haven't done anything wrong. In fact I haven't even touched them yet. But if you want we can share them." I said trying to diffuse the tension.

"You're really crazy! But it's okay. For this time, just because you're off from work, but don't count on me, unfortunately the work awaits me. But Anya really tries to be careful and not do anything stupid."

"Thank you, you're a true friend. Don't worry, you know I'm always careful, besides it's trouble that finds me." we laughed together once again.

"Well I have to go now, but next time don't let me find biscuits and grass on me, a cake would be better instead."  she hugged me and walked towards the car, started it and left, while I waved to her.

**

She was right, eating weed cookies isn't the best thing to do to relax. So now I'm on the road with the bike while I make the climb from there then I would go to my favorite stream and have a peaceful day like anyone.

As I continued my climb a car stopped alongside, rolled down the window and I saw the same idiots I had known since school and are still idiots now.

"But look who's here? Anya right? How about you come with us and we have some fun?" Stupid as always.

"No thanks. I don't like you." I said sarcastically as I stared there intently.

"Wait man!" One of the guys in the car said to the other, "We better not mess with her or else we'll find her mafia family on her ass."

"The fuck are you talking about? Can't you see that she's alone and that she needs a ride?"

"No seriously! We have to leave if we don't want to die too."

"You'd better listen to your friend."  I stood in front of them with a serious and angry look, trying not to look scared.

"Ok guys can you calm down? I don't understand how a girl like this can scare you...You're such wimps." He said to his friends in the car and then looked at me with an arrogant and domineering look, "For now you're safe, but I'm not afraid of what they say about you, it's just bullshit. Well then I'll see you around." The boy smiled again, rolled up the window and they went on their way.

I didn't like that guy at all...I'm sure I'll find them again along the way.  Here the town is small and almost everyone knows each other.

Before I resumed my climb, my attention was caught by the forest that surrounded me. I felt like I was being watched, so I looked into the trees again until... some fucking bird suddenly took flight. Right it's a fucking forest, what did I expect to find.

I took a breath of resignation and continued to climb with the bike next to me, hoping that from now on I wouldn't have any other inconvenient encounters.