Chapter 4~

This is where things get serious, I had to act faster than them if I wanted to have a way out.

One of them thought it best to get closer, so I attacked him first. I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards me and then landed a knee on his stomach. Another one came from behind and wrapped his arms around me, managing to block me, but not for long.

With one shoes I stepped on his foot and in doing so he lost his grip on me and doubled over in pain and finally I elbowed him in the face.

Minus two, I thought to myself, but in an instant everything started spinning. The bastard kid came right up to me while I was trying to free myself from the other two goons and I didn't notice that he had gotten too close to me.

Having my guard down he was able to give me a very strong slap which made me stagger and turn my head, I lost my balance and fell to my knees, I tried to get up, but the coward didn't give me time and pushed me against the trunk of a tree. From there I lost consciousness and just hoped I wouldn't wake up again.

'I don't want to relive any more trauma. Fuck...I hope they kill me...I can't go through this alone again.' I thought in my mind as the last thing I saw coming my way was that idiot with his stupid smile.

**

I opened mu eyes and I thought I was in hell. Again the four walls of my orphanage, my bed with the same mattress and sheet for years, no light or windows, just darkness and cold.  I feel hands getting closer to me, shouting and crying. I started crying on the bed, I put myself in a fetal position trying to cover my ears with my hands, but it was all useless.

The shouts, the voices of my caretakers and adoptive families were there with me in the same room staring at me sternly and hatefully.  They were talking over each other  insulting me as they got closer and closer to my bed. I wanted to escape, I wanted them to stop...

I opened my eyes suddenly again. I took a long breath of air and looked around. I'm still in the forest, I'm still alive and, I looked at my clothes and with great surprise I'm all in one piece, so I got up from the ground and luckily nothing was broken.

I saw that the sun had already risen, but not for long...oh shit I have to run away to work and I have no way to change or take a bath, shit.

I began my search to find the bike, but not before spotting something on a tree trunk. It was a very long and punctilious arrow species and it was a really long object, damn big and sharp, in a while the tree could have broken. I tried to get the thing out but it didn't want to be pulled out and I also didn't have time to stay here anymore.

I took the bike and started running down the usual descent, but my head was full of questions. What happened last night? What was that object?

**

I'm almost at the end of the shift and luckily no one had noticed my lateness and as usual I was taking notes and putting away the paperwork, but when the front door opened I saw dad's rich little boy at the door with his dog.

"Derec what brings you here?" Now I know what the stupid guy from last night is called.

He was talking calmly with my colleague, or rather he was filtering, and then turned his gaze on me.

His expression suddenly changed. He began to stutter, his skin color was white and his face seemed to be that of a person who has seen a ghost. He looked like he was scared to death.

"You know what...I have to go...well, we'll get around." Derec said hastily as he turned on his heel to leave.

I, on the other hand, was stuck like an idiot trying to understand why he reacted, so he went out of the shop and I asked him to kindly stop, but he was just speeding up his pace.