Ch.1

Marinette was tired. So tired.

It was nearing her junior year in high school but it felt like middle school all over again, only worse.

Lila had stayed true to her promise, what she once thought was an empty threat had become her reality.

She watched as her once best friend conversed with that snake Lila and could only wish she was in Lila's place. Not because she wanted to lie or steal or make anyone else's life miserable, but because she just wanted to have friends again and to be friends with her class, but they all neglected her. They treated her like trash, even worse than when Chloe would force them to bully her. At least back then she knew it wasn't of their own free will. But now...

She could only reminisce of the moment she had lost her best friend as she walked in the opposite direction, towards the library hoping to avoid some conflict of the day.

"I can't believe you Marinette, how could you?!"

The said girl had visibly been taken aback. She had just made it to school; early for once, and found her best friend bickering with her boyfriend, a look of concern etched onto his face. He looked as if he was trying to calm her down, his hands raised defensively and his glasses slipping from sweat; likely because of how much effort it was taking to deal with the woman.

When Marinette had called out to her, the chestnut haired girl had snapped her neck to look at her, her nostrils flared with a look of pure hate on her face. It was after she stormed up and pushed her, however, that Marinette realized the anger she assumed was directed at Nino was instead directed at her.

"A-Alya, what's wrong? Did something happen-"

"Don't play dumb with me, Dupain-Cheng! I know what you did."

Ouch, calling her by her surname. A vision of Chloe briefly passed her mind but she chose to ignore it, instead focusing on finding out what exactly she did.

"Did I do something wrong? Als, talk to me."

This only seemed to make the girl angrier, a visible red on the darker girl's skin. "Typical Marinette, acting all innocent like she could never do something wrong. And Don't. Call me Als. You don't deserve the right."

"Babe, maybe this is all some misunderstanding. Marinette isn't like that-"

"Dont you dare Nino. You taking her side isn't going to make things better. Especially with your given history." She gave him a harsh glare as his shoulders slouched, a tint of shame spreading across his face. "Lila told me everything I needed to know. Or more like showed me."

And wasn't that a surprise.