Ch.5

On the other side of the channel in the UK, there was a storm brewing in London; a storm with the name of Felix Graham de Vanily. After the passing of his father, he had become different. He pushed away his friends and became distant to everyone; all except his mother. Which is why it took so long for Amelie to realize just how hurt her poor son was. They were both hurting, and so Amelie had made the decision to move them to Paris to be with family.

Sure they had her mom there but she was sure that Felix would appreciate being with someone closer to his age, as well as a bit of a fresh start. It wasn't going to be permanent; maybe just for the rest of his school semester where he could be with his cousin and his friends. Unless he ends up liking it there, then she would do everything in her power to keep him happy.

He was upset about the change at first but he came to terms with it, it was better than being in the house where everything reminded him of his father. Plus it gave him a chance to get the other ring his mother wanted so badly. Sure, he didn't make that great of an impression on Adriens friends but its not like he planned on actually befriending any of them. All this was, was an excuse to get the rings, and to find out more about his suspicious uncle.

So by Saturday afternoon, Felix and his mother were successfully landing in Paris, France. Adrien was ecstatic to see his good cousin again, not so much Gabriel, but nonetheless, Felix was now an esteemed guest in the Agreste mansion. He and his mother went to their respective bedrooms early, tired from the flight, but not before Felix did some snooping. He returned to Adrien's room to find it empty and the window open, but thought nothing of it as he retreated to his quarters for the day.

On Sunday, they got all school things situated and Felix was allowed to roam the streets as he pleased. While passing a park, he saw the annoying reporter girl with an even more annoying looking brunette next to her, an ugly brown mop she called hair on her head. He briefly wondered where the blue haired girl was, as he assumed the reporter and her were friends, but ignored the thought as the two slinked off to do who cares what.

His walk came to an end at a boulangerie where he looked in the window. He wasn't a big fan of sweets but something about the shop seemed to be calling him. There, talking animatedly to an older woman, was the blue haired girl he'd unintentionally thought about earlier. She didn't seem to notice him but as she waved goodbye to the customer, her smile faded and the look in her eyes surprised him.

They looked blank, empty, nothing like the facade she fronted to the older lady. It reminded him of how he felt, and he didn't like being reminded of the pain. Deciding to just order something online, he walked away from the small bakery and back to the Agreste mansion.

As the blonde left, Marinette looked out the bakery window to see nothing there, getting that uneasy "calm before the storm" feeling again before hearing the bell ring and turning to the customer with a smile.

.

.

.

Monday morning came and Marinette wanted nothing more than to stay in bed. Her and Tikki had talked over the weekend and the tension from that event had finally dissipated.

"Gooood morning Mari!" The kwami put extra energy into her good morning, and it warmed Marientte's heart to know her kwami cared so much about her.

"Good morning Tiks! Let's get today over with." She huffed out, getting her clothes for the day. She wore a pair of black jeans and a slightly oversized hoodie that she had made the night before, with one of her newest shirt designs she sketched in class last week. It was a bit morbid, as it's nothing like the clothes she would normally make. A skeleton crawling out of a coffin with a look of agony on its face, reaching up towards a single Chrysanthemum, barely out of its reach. The shirt was white with the skeleton in a black thick stitch, nothing too fancy. Tikki didn't seem to mind the new look, opting to compliment her instead.