15

"Is what I heard true?"

Toonka asked with a serious face.

"You can believe whatever you want."

Bern just answered with a calm tone.

That made Toonka remember the mage's slogan.

Just believe what you see or hear even if no one believes it.

It was very clear the man in front of him was a wizard.

But Toonka somehow couldn't hate Bern when he saw his calm gaze facing him.

"What did you add to our military food?"

Toonka was still looking at Bern with a sharp gaze.

Bern looked at the camp who seemed to be having fun with the food he made.

"It's just a one-time recovery spell."

Bern is not a saint to actually give blessings.

"If you are injured to the point of near death, you will recover completely."

?

'So it's not the same protection spell he gave Lily?'

Cale touched his forehead.

"That's all I can do after failing to become a magic tower master 100 years ago."

!?

Bern bowed his body 45 degrees to Toonka. That makes Cale and Basen startled.

"As the master of the magic tower, I can only apologize for your suffering."

Cale and Basen knew Bern didn't do anything wrong.  So, seeing that upset them.

"What's your name?"

Toonka asked in his impolite tone.

Bern stood up straight again.

"Bern Kaylith."

That name is not written in any book.  As if its existence never existed.

"What do you want in return for what you did?"

Toonka gritted his teeth.  To cast such a useful spell and even take away several years of his life, someone must have wanted something.

Even if Toonka was stupid, he wasn't that stupid in that sense.  Even though everything seemed unreasonable, Toonka ignored it because he was too lazy to think about logic.

Bern looked up at the sky for a moment.

"I'm not asking you to forgive me for a small thing like this."

!?

Small things!?

Cale and Basen almost felt their hearts stop beating with what Bern did!

What if his soul just disappeared!?

Toonka was still carefully waiting for what Bern wanted.

"However, if you can, please, don't hate Zyon Mark, the former King 100 years ago."

Even if there was only one citizen of the Whipper kingdom at this time, he hoped there would be someone who didn't think he was evil.

Zyon who loves his people more than himself...

Being hated by his people would be a very sad thing...

'Bern...'

Cale looked at Bern, can saw his eyes had some sad light on them.