Chapter 4 : Introducing the Organization

Chapter 4

I quickly parked in our parking lot. As soon as I opened the door, I was greeted by Steven's hug, but I immediately grabbed his arm and threw him off.

I said I don't like being touched!

"Ouch!"

He screamed loudly. Tss, he deserved it.

"You're so harsh, best friend, as if you're not my friend!"

I just rolled my eyes.

He got up, holding his back and limping away. I sat on the couch and was about to smoke when Steven stopped me again!

What on earth is happening today that my smoking keeps getting interrupted, damn it!

I glared at him, but he slapped an envelope onto my face.

"What the fck?!"

He just smirked at me and signaled for me to open it. I quickly did so.

I just nodded as I read what was written.

Information about Ryan.
The only child of a wealthy family. He has a band and he's the guitarist.
He has no girlfriend and is studying accountancy.

My eyebrows raised when I saw something italicized and bold.

"Thanks, best friend! I can always count on you!"

"Tse!"

Tsk, gay. He is Steven Dela Cruz, my only friend aside from Paul. He's also adopted by my godfather. We're not related, but we're close because my godfather insisted that he's the only one I can be friends with.

I have no complaints about that because apart from being reliable, he's also trustworthy. We grew up together, so we know everything about each other, even each other's flaws.

He's a skilled hacker. He's excellent when it comes to technology. Because his body is weak and gets tired easily, he found a way to help in other things, like gathering important information. Even their deepest secrets can't escape him.

I was about to leave when he suddenly shouted again.

Tss, so noisy.

"Where are you going again!"

I just signaled that I'll just smoke, and he nodded.

I exhaled smoke and thought about what plans to make. After a while, my godfather's car honked, so I quickly threw the cigarette and opened the gate for him.

He greeted me with a smile, and I nodded in return as we entered the house together.

"Where's Steven?"

"He's in the kitchen, cooking. I'll go to my room first."

I had only taken a few steps on the stairs when he spoke.

"What happened earlier should not happen again, understood?"

He said it with authority.

I just glared at him and nodded before continuing to climb up to my room. I slumped my body onto the bed, not wanting to go out quickly because I was easily get drained.

I was tired of shopping, and adding what happened earlier in the murder scene.

I picked up the picture frame on top of my side table.

"I miss you so much."

I whispered as I gently held our family picture. It was taken on my seventh birthday, the last birthday I spent with them before they died.