Chapter 7 Secrets

Chapter 7

Leila's Pov

I picked up the phone from the side table and dialed Steven's number.

He answered after just one ring.

"Bespren! Where are you? It's late at night, and we are worried."

"Tss, I'm fine. I'm at a friend's house."

"What?! Since when do you have other friends aside from me?"

I winced. Was I not allowed to have other friends?

"Where are you? I'll come and pick you up."

"No need. I have something else for you to do."

"You always have something to say, don't you, with the people you talk to! So, what do you want me to do?"

"I need you to hack the CCTV footage of --- Café. Delete all the footage."

"Wait?!"

He quickly typed on the keyboard.

"What the hell?! You always act alone!"

"Tss, it's already done. Now delete it."

"Wait, did anyone see you? Let me find out who, and I'll take care of them!"

"No need. I can trust this person."

"What?! Didn't Ninong tell you not to trust just anyone?"

"Tch, I'm at their house now."

"Attorney Paul Cardones?!"

"Tsk. I told you to leave it to me."

"I'm warning you, don't touch him!"

"W-what?! You're choosing him over me?! We've been friends for years!"

"You're being too dramatic. I can benefit from him."

"Whatever, make sure you can handle the consequences of your actions! Okay, everything is deleted and corrupted now!"

"Thanks, bespren. Love you."

"Stop it! With your constant blabbering I -."

I didn't hear what he was saying anymore as I involuntarily closed my eyes.

Steven's POV

"Hello?! Hello, bespren?!

She hung up on me! That girl!

SHe rushed around, thinking he could get away with everything! It annoyed me, so I ended the call.

"Where is Leila?"

"Pusang gala!"

"Wow, no need to insult me like a cat."

"Ninong, she said she's at her friend's house."

I shouldn't mention the word "friend" because Leila's Ninong doesn't want her to have any friends other than me.

I don't know why.

"Hmm, and where is that?"

"Uh, she didn't mention it, Ninong."

"Why don't you hack her phone? You're good at technology, right?"

"Ah, haha, you know she doesn't like it when I do that. The first time I did, I couldn't walk for a week!"

It's true. We couldn't find her, and I decided to track her phone.

She was in the middle of something, and we both almost got into trouble.

Luckily, she managed to stab the man first.

I didn't get hurt, but I ended up with a sprain! Damn it.

"Okay, it seems like she's fine."

"Uh, Ninong, she asked me to do something for her."

"What is it?"

"She asked me to delete the CCTV footage at --- café."

"Did you do it?"

"Yes, it was me. Here's a copy of the footage."

I handed him a small USB.

He patted my head like a child.

I smiled. I made him proud.

"You're really reliable. Keep it up."

I nodded as I watched his figure leave my room.

I turned back to the computer. I quickly searched for information about Paul Cardones. I read articles about him, the cases he won, and take note, he hadn't lost a single case.

"Impressive."

I was engrossed when suddenly, my computer shut down, and the articles I was reading disappeared.

Oh, f*ck!

I quickly locked all the apps, documents, and folders on my PC.

Damn, am I going to get hacked?

Am I, a hacker, going to be hacked by another hacker?

What a shame!

I calmed down, relieved that nothing was deleted except for the details about that attorney.

Tss, who are you really?

Paul's Pov

I was not surprised by what I witnessed at the café, but I felt like I needed a drink.

I went to the mini bar in my house and poured myself a Scotch whisky.

As I sipped, I groaned in frustration, swirling the glass as I recalled what had happened.

I was about to leave when suddenly, someone screamed for help. I quickly rushed in and searched for the source of the scream. When I opened the comfort room, a scene unfolded before me that I may never forget.

A woman was on top of a man's body. It was too dark to make out who the man was since they were in a dimly lit area. But it was crystal clear to me who was doing the stabbing! It was Leila!

You could sense the intense anger with every plunge of the knife into the man's body. I questioned myself, feeling for any hint of pity towards the man. Was it because I knew Leila? Or was it simply that I didn't care?

Her eyes widened when she glanced in my direction, but her expression quickly turned cold. I remained unfazed as she slowly approached me. As she got closer, I slightly lowered my head, as I was taller than her.

"You shouldn't have come here," she said, her voice icy.

"Well, if I had known, then maybe I wouldn't have," I replied calmly but with a touch of sarcasm.

She was about to stab me, but my reflexes kicked in, and I quickly grabbed her hands, tightening my grip, causing her to drop the knife she was holding.

She winced, but I was taken aback when she suddenly grinned and swiftly kicked me with both feet, causing me to step back and release her hands.

"You are skilled huh?I wonder ano talagang ginagawa mo bukod sa patambay tambay lang."

"And you talked a lot.ATTORNEY."

Leila launches a swive of powerful strike but jake skillfully dodges each one.

"Stop dodging me,fight back.I know you can I can feel you."

"I don't want to hurt a lady."

"Don't understimate me!I maybe a girl but I can kill you in one snap!"

With her swift movement, she manages to land a punch on me.

"Damn!"

I see her smirk, which slightly irritates me. As she prepares to attack again, I quickly find a blind spot, swiftly maneuver behind her, and grab her hand.

"Listen. I am not your enemy here. I am on your side."

I see surprise on her face, but it quickly fades away.

"I won't betray you."

After a while, she calms down a bit. She quickly stands up from the victim's body, perhaps to leave no evidence of the crime.

"I'll drive you home."

"I don't want to go home."

I let out a sigh and take off my suit, placing it on her shoulders.

"Fine. Stay at my place for now. I won't let you wander around like that."

"I'm fine. I can take care of myself."

"Don't argue anymore."

and that's why we ended up here at my house.