7

Christian

"I told you to be respectful. There's really NOTHING I can do about her, alright? I know exactly what you're think about, Christian." Dad sighs.

I roll my eyes and he continues "Get along with her, PLEASE! I really don't ask more of you. You don't have to call Vika mom or anything just... Get along with her kid." He sighs heavily.

"Get along with her, so she can do the same thing like Layla? I told you, if they ever let her near me, I am leaving."

"You asked me to respect your privacy and I did, Christian. If you don't want them to ever let her in... Then tell them not to let her in!" He yells.

I sigh. He was right. But I don't wanna tell Avril.

I was gonna say something but Avril comes out of our room "I'm done." She speaks in her silent, calm voice.

I don't hate her, but she's the only thing I wanna have around. Especially with...

I look over at her. She was playing with her feet in the sand, as if she has never seen sand before.

"Let's go for a swim." I tell her.

Her blue eyes widen and she laughs awkwardly "Yeahhh... About that..."

"Let me guess, you don't know how to swim?"

"Well I never got the chance to learn... And yeah..." she avoids eye contact.

It's a thing I noticed she does often.

I laugh "Never had the chance? You didn't learn it in school?"

She shakes her head

"Fine. Do you want me to teach you?"

"No." She says, almost sounding angry.

I hum "You like the water but don't want to learn how to swim?"

"I- that's not it. It's just..." She stops suddenly.

"Then what?"

She sighs "Nothing."

I hum "We're siblings now, if that's what you're implying."

"What? You think...?" She stops and and gasps in disgust "How lowly do you think of me!?"

"Then what, April?" I purposely tell her name wrong to piss her off.

"Avril. And... It's..." She looks down, pouting.

"I don't have all day." I smirk.

She pulls her middle finger up "You reminded me not to waste my time on you."

I smirk "Fine."

She starts undressing and it catches my eye, but I look away out of respect for my father.

Until she throws something at me "What?" I catch the towel she threw at my face.

Scars. She's full of scars. Cuts.

White scars and red ones. Even fresh ones on her right leg.

"This one's yours. I figured you'd forget yours." She walks towards deeper water.

"You'll drown midget! You'll drown at the shore!!" I yell at her, laughing.

She pulls her middle finger on me again and I sit down.

She's full of scars.

Like me.

But hers are self made. Mine aren't.

I know nothing about her.

And she knows nothing about me.

I don't know exactly why she didn't want to let me teach her how to swim...