If i had a gun

Ant and Decs first dance after getting married x
Song in bold is 'If i had a gun' By Noel Gallaghers high flying birds (one of my fav songs)
——————

I smiled as i sipped on my beer, watching my beautiful husband laughing and smiling on the dance floor. My sister smiled at me over Decs shoulder and i happily tipped my beer to her.

After an adel song finished playing, the lights dimmed and a beautiful blue and purple disco ball lit up the whole room. Everyone on the big dance floor cleared and Dec was the only one left there, grinning to himself as he caught me staring at him.

"Now it's time for the happy couples first dance" The Dj spoke into the mic. Some of our family and friends whistled and the rest let out "Awh" as i slowly placed my drink down and walked toward my husband.

"Wonder what song i've pick for us" I mumbled sarcastically since i already knew the answer. i held him securely around the waist and his arms placed themself over my shoulder, his fingers rubbing the little hairs on the back of my neck. When we were planing our wedding, I wanted to surprise Declan with our first dance song and he let me, "Me too, better be good" Dec smiled cheekily.

"Okay, just try not to cry baby," I giggled knowing full well that tears were definitely going to be flowing down his face any minute now.

My heart melted when i saw the spark in his eyes as he heard the intro to 'If i had a gun' Starting to play through the speakers. I looked down at the small man and saw the tears already threatening to fall. "Great choice" He said softly.

If I had a gun
I'd shoot a hole into the sun
And love would burn this city down for you

Dec and i started to sway to the music, smiles on both of our faces as we both stared into each others eyes, blocking everyone and everything out.

Nothing mattered at the moment apart from us.

If I had the time
I'd stop the world and make you mine
And every day would stay the same with you

As we danced to our song, my mind took me back to our first ever date. I had taken Dec to what we called 'our spot' but instead of the usual big trees and patchy grass, there were fairy lights hanging from said trees, a big picnic blanket laid on the floor and a basket with all of Decs favourite foods and snacks in there. I remember the look on his face, the tears strolling down his soft cheeks. We had a great time, feeding each other grapes, laughing together, smiling together.

Give you back a dream
Show you now what might have been
For the tears you cried will fade away
I'll be by your side
When they come and say goodbye
We will live to fight another day

And then, just as the sun started to set, 'If i had a gun' Started to play from the trees. I remember smiling to myself and sighing in relief because Stephen had actually set it all up perfectly.

Excuse me if I spoke too soon
My eyes have always followed you around the room
'Cause you're the only god that I will ever need
I'm holding on
And waiting for the moment to find me

I remember pulling the 16 year old up by his hand and holding him around the waist as he gently placed his hands on my shoulders.

We danced to our song, just like we were now, years later on our wedding day.

I remember when we placed our foreheads together and whispered to each other "i love you" Before sharing a slow kiss.

Hope I didn't speak too soon
My eyes have always followed you around the room
'Cause you're the only god that I will ever need
I'm holding on
And waiting for the moment for my heart to be unbroken by the seams

Now, 25 years later we were standing in front of all of the people we love most, dancing together after saying our vowels to each other.

I had to hold in a giggle as i saw my husband quickly wipe his tears that were streaming down his face before wrapping his arms back around my neck and giggling, bringing me in closely so we could kiss each other.

Let me fly you to the moon
My eyes have always followed you around the room
'Cause you're the only god that I will ever need
I'm holding on
And waiting for the moment to find me

Dec bit his lip to keep his crying on a down low and then kissed my cheek where a single tear strolled down it. "I love you so much, baby" I whispered and rested my head to his.

"I love you too Anth... to the moon and back"

My grin got bigger and i again remember when we were teens, when Dec had said that exact sentence to me for the first time.

"To the moon and back" I replied, not being able to stop the tears anymore.

If I had a gun
I'd shoot a hole into the sun
And love would burn this city down for you

The last notes filled the room and then loud clapping and whistling echoed around, blocking out the fading music.

I brought Declan in for a hug and hid my face in his neck. I was the happiest man in the world.

I have everything I ever wanted, Declan in my arms, telling me how much he loves me.

"I can't believe you picked that song and expected me not to cry" Dec joked in a half chocked sob.

"So you liked it? Think i picked it well?"

"Are you kidding me!? I'm in tears here, man! Of course you picked well!"

We both laughed and i kissed my husband before pulling away as my mam and sisters and Decs parents and his siblings all came up to us, each one giving both of us a hug.

"Great song Ant!" One of Declan brothers Dermott said making me chuckle.

"I'm gonna go dance with mam, that okay?" Dec said to me. "Of course, baby," I gave him a side hug and kissed his head and then watched as he slowly danced with his mam.

I'm the happiest man on the planet.