mike - chapter 23

Mike couldn't sleep for the rest of the night, his brain was too focused on what might happen when they go back to sams. despite how impossible and unrealistic they are, mike can't help but cling on to the last sliver of hope he might ever have in his bones.

when the sun finally bleeds through the horizon, mike is out of his hut, heading to breakfast. he eats fast, his mind only towards the journey.

"woah! slow down there, ya might choke gyatt!" sheila laughs. mike scoffs. "ill be fine, sheila. i really don't need your opinion." the angst of the situation is getting on his nerves, he really didn't mean to lash out on her.

"geeze! i was just playing around cowboy." she says, taking a seat across from him. he sighs "yea.. sorry. lots of stuff on my mind, ya know?" he says, looking up at her, an anxious smile spreading across his lips.

"yea, i get you mate! whats up?"

he debates brushing the question off, but figures it'll feel better to get it out, maybe get some advice from someone who isn't tiffany for once before they leave.

after he explains everything and how hes feeling, he feels a weight off of his shoulders. sheila sits there, her mouth ajar. "geeze! that gave me the heebie geebies! tell me how it all goes down when you come back!"

"you can come if you want!"

"for real? lemme grab my stuff!"

"ok. dont take too long!"

mike and the two girls transformed, packed some snacks, flander oil and set off.