mike - chapter 27

after following the scent for about another hour, mike finally decided it was time for a rest. his body was aching due to his over use of his wolf abilities after not using them for a month.

sheila gave a sigh of relief and they set up camp beside a small tree, curling in to sleep after a few good nights.

slipping in and out of consciousness, he decided to give contacting seb another go, asking him where he was.

he wished so hard for a response that the quiet, distant howl he heard just a few minutes later, he was convinced his mind had created.

he gave a heavy sigh of defeat and let sleep take him for the night.

he woke up to the sun drilling into his eyes, his head pounding from the long night before.

,,rise and shine puppy dog!,, sheila laughed telepathically.

,,eff off!!!!!,, he growled back.

,,we don't have time to fight guys, lets eat and get back on the scent.,, tiffany chimed in.

he couldn't argue with that, so he dug into his food and soon enough they were off again.

to mikes horror, sebs scent had been washed away the rain the previous night.

,,lets just keep following this road.,, sheila offered.

,,it's no use.. clearly the universe doesn't want me to find him.,, mike groans.

,,NEVER BACK DOWN NEVER WHAT!?,, tiff bellows

never give up.