Chapter 2

"Sure ka ba talaga, Aiah? Bakit mo ginawa yun?" Jho sounded hysteric while we're heading home. The meeting just finished, hindi lang si Mikha magkakaroon ng punishment but lahat ng kasama niya.

But Mikha will be doomed until she learns. I'll really make sure of that.

"Yes. Ayoko lang na may dinadamay siya sa mga kalokohan niya. I know it's not my responsibility to discipline her pero kita niyo naman, her parents couldn't do anything but to cover up her mistakes all the time. Exactly why she don't learn." I don't know much about Mikha, how her parents treats her and to what she do aside from all the troubles she did inside the University pero araw-araw ko siyang nakikita sa guidance.

It annoys me lalo na she knows she did something bad pero parang wala lang sakanya.

"She's a trouble-maker for many years na what if pati ikaw madamay? Are you really gonna risk it?" Maloi asked this time.

At yun ay hindi ko naisip.

"What's with the risk if papahirapan ko lang—" I was cut off when Jho interrupted me.

"What if gantihan ka niya? We don't know her motives behind those silent stares kanina."

stares

So she has been staring at me?

"Parang hindi naman, parang na speechless nga yun eh HAHAHA" Pagbibiro ni Maloi. Ano ba talaga?

"Ayy! Ayun! Kain muna tayo nagugutom ako." At yun nga, bumili kami ng pagkain sa moving cart habang naguusap.

Hindi na rin nila niyaya pa sa ibang lakad dahil alam nilang kailangan ko nang mag aral. Pagkarating ko sa bahay, I greeted my mom na nag luluto sa kusina and si Dad na kaharap ang laptop niya.

"Good evening, Dad" Dad looked up to me and greeted me back before putiing down his pc.

"I heard what happened kanina. "

Ofcourse. Sa City Hall nagtatrabaho si Dad as City Engineer, Si Mom naman ay sa Finance sa City hall din.

"Did Mayor talked to you, Dad?" I pouted. He slightly nodded his head na mas lalong kinainis ko.

"Kind of. Hindi naman siya against sa plano mo but he was hopeful na hindi sobrang bigat ang ipapagawa mo. He even invited us for dinner soon"

Ano ba tingin nila ipapagawa ko sa anak nila? Hindi naman ako monster to do someting horrible.

"Okay. I'll go upstairs now. Need ko pa mag study for  the upcoming Quiz Bee." I held the strap of my bag and my books tightly on my chest. "Call me for dinner please" then I start walking after I saw my Dad responded with a smile.

Nilapag ko lahat na librong dala ko sa study table saka naupo sa kama. I decided to wash up first dahil pawis na pawis ako kanina. Then I reflected from all the things that happened today.

It was a long day, Indeed.

Kinabukasan, As usual maaga ako sa School at hawak hawak ang daily Coffee na paborito ko. I went to the Engineering Building to find certain someone I know you guys knew who I'm referring to.

Even though I'm sure Mikha will not be up this early—ofcourse knowing that she have so many bad records, and her being an early bird sounds so ridiculous. Anyways, pumunta parin ako besides andun si Colet. A friend of mine, gonna ask her for building codes.

Pagka-liko ko papunta sa Eng'ng building agad ko'ng nakita si Colet na may kausap pang kaklase. I waved my hand at her and when she caught me waving agad siyang ngumiti.

"Aiah! " I hugged her slightly when we reached eachother. It's not all the time I can see this friend of mine.  Bukod sa lagi akong busy, medyo may kalayuan din department namin.

"It's about the building codes pala, I need it for my next class." I said while silently eyeing the group of people whose coming towards us.

Oh! Is it bad to think na it's a miracle to see her this early? Well, I concluded na she's always late since sobrang dami niya nang red slip sa discipline office but that without knowing what exactly those red slips for ba.

"Ay oo nga pala. Eh...naiwan ko sa bahay eh. Wala kasi kaming schedule sa Codes today, sorry nakalimutan ko" Napangiti ako habang nagkakamot siya ng ulo. I shake my head to tell her na it's fine.

"I'm not in a rush. It's fine col" I said. When I realized that Mikha and her group of friends stopped from walking dun ako bumaling ng husto sa kanila. She stared at nothing, ang mga mata niya ay sobrang lamig kung makatingin. Ang dalawang kamay niya ay nasa magkabilang bulsa ng pants niya, she's wearing a racer back top with a black and white Jacket.

What she wears in a WEEKDAY is totally a violation. I sighed before marching forward towards her. She glance at me and slowly showed a smile.

"What a great way to start my day, Hi miss Arceta" She greeted with a playful smile plastered on her face. I showed her a sarcastic smile because I'm not even a bit happy with what she's trying to do.

"I really came to see you." Her playful smile turned amused.

"Your punishment is effective today onwards, You'll be cleaning the whole library from floor to arrangements of books. Since you have no schedule after 4PM, you have until 6PMto clean—"

"No way..." she cut me off with that. I smiled widely.

"Yes. I'll be checking on you from time to time so don't even bother to lie or make your situation worse. " Her thick eyebrows started frowning while her eyes looked at me with disbelief.

"And that's just for today. You'll have new assignment to do tomorrow. That's all I have to say so, Good morning Miss Lim"

I turned my back to her after giving her a smile. Yes, my plan is to give her hard times but all the works are not heavy as what her parents think. I'm not that horrible.

"Miss Arceta"

I heard she called kaya napabaling ulit ang tingin ko sakanya.

"What?" I asked.

But then I suddenly found her stunned in her place. My forehead creased at her action, bakit tulala to habang nakatingin sa akin? May multo ba sa gilid ko?

"W-wala..." she said in a very thin voice despite her deep voice.

Nagtataka man ako pero agad ko na siyang tinalikuran. Pero bago paman ako maka-alis klaro kong narinig na tinutukso siya ng mga kaibigan niya.