Chapter 5

I don't know how did I manage to walk out from the resto without going to Mikha and ask her what's this all about. I stared at the cake after placing it on the table.

Syempre hindi naman ako nakawala sa tuksuhan ni Maloi at Jhoanna but my mind is completely haywired. I'm not dumb to be clueless with those kind of stares and now the cake...the dinner most especially the letter. Maybe it's because she wanted to get over with her punishment immediately. Maybe she thought by treating me food, giving me this cake and the letter would change my view of her. Or that....maybe she likes me?

NO WAY!

In frustration, I stepped away from the table and immediately called for help.

"Manang, I brought a cake. You can share this with the others but please, leave a slice for me. Thanks" I smiled at Manang Ren and agad na naglakad papuntang kwarto ko. I needed to finish some assignments that are due tomorrow kaya pagkatapos ko'ng mag half bath agad na akong nagbukas ng libro.

Whatever is her attention, I'm out of it.

Days, passed by so fast. Mikha Lim, surprisingly been such a good student. So far on time na siya sa mga gawain niya as part of her punishments and I never heard her starting commotions and troubles again.

Nga lang, I always see her staring at me and even tailing behind me. And it weirded people out. Hindi to parte ng punishment niya so why is she here, helping us with our booth.

Sobrang dami nang nakatingin sakanya.

"I need a gluegun here" She said, so focused on the design we are putting above the entrance of our booth.

Jhoanna smiled, excited niyang binigay kay Mikha ang glue gun habang nakatingin sakin. Ang ngiti niya ay napalitan ng panunukso ng napatingin sakin si Mikha.

I rolled my eyes, above all, why is my heart beating so fast. I felt the heat from my chest up to the whole of my head.

"This is so crucial" I turned towards her "This might get blown by a heavy wind if ever"

Hindi ako nakapagsalita, she have a point because we are using styrofoams and glues.

"Marco is on the way with the purlins to support the back of it." I said coldly. Her eyes darted on me before raising my works.

"What if umulan ng malakas? These styrofoams could not endure it and there will be big posibility that all these will flew" I saw my friends shut their mouth all of a sudden. Other members of our Booth was awed with Mikha's kind of thinking. She was right, I admit that. But we are considering the cost if we go all out on this.

"Na check ko naman ang weather condition for the whole week, Isa pa there will be extended canopies from the court kaya kung umulan man di lalaki ang damage" Jhoanna explained with little hesitation. I know, because we are actually talking with a Civil Engineering student. She knows so much about the loads and wind loads and the possible damage. We are aware of that too, pero hindi lang namin tinake for consideration becausewe focused so much in designing.

"I'm just concerned na baka—" I cut her off.

"Thanks for all the help, Mikha" I saw the astounded look on her face when I called her by her name.

"But this is not part of your job or punishment. Please go back to your booth and help them instead."  I tried getting the things from her hand but she refused to give it to me. I sighed.

"I know. I'm not really involved with the execution nakatulong na ako by giving my ideas kaya okay na ako dito"

I also refuse to believe na something changed in her. The way she speak to me, the way she acts towards me, and how she always stick beside me. I'm on the very edge to ask her about what is this all about pero may parte saakin na ayaw malaman kung ano man yun.