Chapter 19: The Destruction

Jon crept through the eerily quiet streets, alone and madly wiping at his clothes as he laughed to himself about nothing.
The laughter had started the second he left the parking lot and carried on all throughout his journey into town.
He had chosen a random direction and just started walking, too far gone to care about silly things like arriving back home on time anymore.
All Jon wanted now was to destroy as much as he could and as quickly as he could, without any real plan or idea of how to accomplish it, but he didn't need a plan. All he needed to bring this town down to its knees was the burning rage inside him, and the infinite telekinetic power at his disposal.

Throughout his entire walk he did not break his haunting dead eyed forward gaze, nor did he move out of his chosen path at all, not even when police cars sped down the street right at him.
Jon had been so used to moving out of people's way his whole life, and he was just sick of it, so if they didn't wanna crash and crack their skulls open they were gonna have to swerve out of HIS way.
An ambulance followed the police cars in hot pursuit right after, and Jon's lack of reaction still did not change, although the loud blaring sirens and screeching tires greatly displeased him.
He looked up towards the starry night sky, the moon full and blinding white, and Jon found himself thinking it'd all look much better surrounded by a violent hellfire.

The white picket fences that lined each property stood out against the dark night, and as Jon toddled through the neighborhood, his subconscious began to pluck each one out of the ground with a satisfying pop noise.
The thin wooden spikes soared up into the air, then plunged themselves back down into all the fancy sports cars and minivans that had been parked in their long driveways.
The flying fence posts popped the tires and broke the windows, setting off a loud constant array of car alarms.
All the residents ran outside in their nightgowns, robes, and hair rollers to witness the sudden commotion, only to see Jon knocking down the lamp posts and utility poles in one fail swoop, two of which crashed into the tallest house on the block, shooting out sparks and causing a panic.

Just then, each of the lawn's automatic sprinkler systems popped up, spraying water in a dizzying circle and giving Jon a wonderful idea.
He tugged hard on all the underground pipes at once until they split open and shot through the sky.
Water overflowed from the yards and spilled out into the streets where more people, Paul's mother and father included, were electrocuted as another utility pole was sent crashing down.
One person had almost got away and made it down the corner to freedom, but Jon sent a minivan flying through the air that barrel rolled onto its side and crushed him in an instant.
When that didn't satiate his hunger for violence, he picked up one of the knocked over utility poles and slid it on the ground 'till it crashed through the living room of another family's home.

After the whole neighborhood had either ran away or dropped dead he quickly grew bored and forced himself to take his rampage to another block and terrorize a new bunch of victims.
He knocked over more poles until a sudden black out shut the whole town down, and the only lights left were the rampant electrical fires spreading across town.
Now the streets were being swarmed with people, silly, silly, foolish people who had never been put in a true life or death scenario before this moment.
The horde was so determined to flee they hardly worried about where they were running, and nearly everyone who had crowded the street was suddenly electrocuted from the sparking wires.
Yet, even with all the death and destruction around him, Jon still wanted more carnage.

He turned his head to see Matt's house, and his purple Plymouth Fury parked out front with the keys stupidly left in the ignition overnight.
Jon twisted the keys 'till the car started by itself and the front lights turned on, making the thick English fog around it much more visible in the bright light.
It roared to life like a hungry monster then zoomed down the street in a violent zig-zag, making a loud "skrr" sound that most definitely damaged the tires.
The car spun around in circles, mowing any passerbys down who were too slow or stupid to outrun it.
The people stood next to no chance against the car, and if one were to have walked in at that exact moment they might have even thought it had spontaneously developed a mind and soul.
Even then though, the car failed to truly retain Jon's attention for very long.
He was no more interested in playing with it anymore than a toddler was interested in playing with his old paint chipped hot wheels.