Destiny

Rico POV
Year after year passed, and each of us got married one by one. 8-Bit proposed to Max the day after Piper and I shared that one special moment, and there were two large pieces of news that day. Gus and Bonnie's wedding followed, and today was finally ours.

My eyes canvassed the sky for the familiar figure of the golden sunbird. Ever since our first kiss, I had only seen it during the past two weddings. And after both of us said, "I do," and we kissed once again, I spotted the comforting personification of destiny, once again hovering high above.

It was only until after the wedding day, when everyone else had left, did the eight of us get a clearer view of the golden sunbird. And little did we know, it was the key in our lives, the destiny that we all shared.

The glimmer of twilight was shimmering across the night sky, bathing us in a heavenly and beautiful light that felt almost unreal. As the eight of us laughed and celebrated, walking towards 8-Bit's arcade, the golden sunbird suddenly descended from the sky above.

"Woah!" Bonnie gasped, looking at the golden sunbird which rested on the tree beside us. "Finally, you've come down. Why are you always here for us during the biggest moments?"

She had meant it as a joke, but to our surprise, it responded with a human-like voice, "I am your future, your fate, your destiny. Finally, my job is done here."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Piper asked, confused.

"I am the guardian angel of all eight of you. My job was to unite you together, and help you fulfil your destiny. So, every time I decided you were ready, I twisted time for the eight of you to realise your destinies with each other. And finally, I have gotten you all together. Max and Gus, you were matched with 8-Bit and Bonnie for you to overcome your past, and take your step into the future. And Rico, Piper, your times may have seemed dark at times, but it was all for the greater good—for you to become your best self before you finally sealed your love with each other. And now that you are all finally together, my job is done. I am free to pick my next mission, and help others find their own destiny," it replied.

"Hey, do you know who I will end up with?" Meg asked eagerly.

The sunbird laughed, "That's another guardian's job, he will help you someday. And you will meet new friends too."

So, with the shocking revelation, the sunbird soared into the sky, waving goodbye. But before he disappeared, Gus called out, "Thank you, uh..."

The golden sunbird smiled, "Destiny. My name is Destiny."

A/N
Woah! This book is finally over! Kind of a dramatic ending with Piper and Rico, as well as an unexpected turn with Destiny! Hope you guys enjoyed the book!

P.S. I will likely continue the book in another sequel book/series, so stay tuned!

With cheers,
NobodyBS