Back For You

Piper POV
I stepped out of the bakery, needing some fresh air. And it was raining lightly outside, reminding me of the time when Byron and I had our first kiss. When Rico saw us, and our friendship was completely ruined as he stormed away, just like Byron had. Maybe I was making the wrong decisions in life. But I trusted myself, and my destiny. So I would wait for things to work out.

I was still walking through the streets silently, looking around at the passers-by, when I saw a familiar figure in front of me. Someone whose heart I had broken, but who had broken my heart as well.

So, without thinking, I called out, "Rico!"

And he turned around to face me.

Rico POV
Minutes earlier...
What if I'm making the wrong choices in life? What if Gus is right? Is the window opened for me to jump through? Or should I trust my mind, and just let it close once again? What if I miss the opportunity of a lifetime? But what if I get hurt again, and I can't recover?

Thoughts were racing through my mind so fast, they matched the speed of my furiously palpitating heart. And the light rain around me just meddled with my senses, confusing me here and there. And just when my brain was going to explode, a voice behind me made it so much worse.

"Rico?" The voice asked.

Please, don't be her, I begged. But as I wheeled around, it was her. The girl who had broken my heart.

The one staring at me intently.

The one with a nervous smile etched across her face.

Piper.